Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

9 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Millwall were 2-0 down after 12 mins at Swansea.

Still 2-0 at 93 mins, then Swansea put two in their own net in 2 mins and ended 2-2.

:lol: 

Shades of us vs Everton a couple of years ago under Bruce. We literally had no shot on target heading into injury time that day [emoji38]

Nobody seems to want to win the Championship. Out of all the more fancied sides, I think only Watford will be happy with their start. Might not be that unfeasible for Sunderland to make the playoffs again.

That's one reason why I'm a bit conflicted with WBA and Bruce. I love seeing him fail, but at the same time, they probably should be up there at the end of the season, and the more they fail, the more it opens up a top 6 spot, perhaps for someone not as expectant.

A lot of them have played each other, but while still very early days, thus far:

Burnley 5 points from 4

WBA and Boro 2 from 3

Norwich 4 from 4

Sheff U 4 from 3

None doing particularly great.

Just now, Paullow said:

Nobody seems to want to win the Championship. Out of all the more fancied sides, I think only Watford will be happy with their start. Might not be that unfeasible for Sunderland to make the playoffs again.

That's one reason why I'm a bit conflicted with WBA and Bruce. I love seeing him fail, but at the same time, they probably should be up there at the end of the season, and the more they fail, the more it opens up a top 6 spot, perhaps for someone not as expectant.

A lot of them have played each other, but while still very early days, thus far:

Burnley 5 points from 4

WBA and Boro 2 from 3

Norwich 4 from 4

Sheff U 4 from 3

None doing particularly great.

Can take a while for the fallen prem clubs to get going. Usually a lot of ins and outs plus new manager trying to put their spin on things. Norwich's poor start is surprising though. Probably down to yo-yo fatigue, thinking, here we go again.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Can take a while for the fallen prem clubs to get going. Usually a lot of ins and outs plus new manager trying to put their spin on things. Norwich's poor start is surprising though. Probably down to yo-yo fatigue, thinking, here we go again.

Yeah, I mean you do just need to look at Forest last year - they'd have been thinking a top half finish would be a miracle towards the end of Hughton's reign.

Norwich are interesting, you do automatically think they will be up there just because they always seem to be, but I was reading their Pink'un forum a few months ago and there were a lot of 'it feels different this time' type posts, so maybe it will be more of a struggle this season, although they did get their first win today.

I was saying that it didn't look the strongest, especially with the turmoil at Burnley, so there could be an opportunity for someone to surprise - I just hope it's not Sunderland as I would like us to enjoy at least 3 or 4 seasons of constant progress before they ever returned. I probably wanted Sunderland to win more than WBA last season, especially in Bruce's early WBA days, but I'd far rather WBA went up, if hypothetically (I know it's unlikely), it did come down to those two this season, say in a playoff final.

1 minute ago, Paullow said:

Yeah, I mean you do just need to look at Forest last year - they'd have been thinking a top half finish would be a miracle towards the end of Hughton's reign.

Norwich are interesting, you do automatically think they will be up there just because they always seem to be, but I was reading their Pink'un forum a few months ago and there were a lot of 'it feels different this time' type posts, so maybe it will be more of a struggle this season, although they did get their first win today.

I was saying that it didn't look the strongest, especially with the turmoil at Burnley, so there could be an opportunity for someone to surprise - I just hope it's not Sunderland as I would like us to enjoy at least 3 or 4 seasons of constant progress before they ever returned. I probably wanted Sunderland to win more than WBA last season, especially in Bruce's early WBA days, but I'd far rather WBA went up, if hypothetically (I know it's unlikely), it did come down to those two this season, say in a playoff final.

I think Burnley & Watford will come straight back up, but it does feel different this time for Norwich. There is barely any quality in the squad bar Aarons, who probably isn't making too much noise about moving as he's lost a lot of confidence in himself. They'll need their very good academy to produce a few almost ready players for the league, and that's still possible. Idah & and the other young Irish lad with the silly name are supposed to be good, they've got Hayden who is far too good for that level but they may need a couple more signings, probably loans to make sure of it though.

WBA will come in to it in the 2nd half of the season once they finally realise their Bruce error. Hopefully he hasn't done them too much damage. 

My sense is that Burnley haven't got enough goals in them.

Blackburn, Hull, Watford and Preston will be up there I reckon. Sheffield Utd stand a better chance if they binned off the half-wit 'up and 'av em' manager.