Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

40 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m not calling him a flop, just reminds me of Andy Carroll a bit in his stature. I think Man Utd would have been a better fit, Spurs would be a good fit. Basically any team that plays that fast counter attack.. the slow build up Man City have will prove frustrating I think.

Wasnt aiming at you. Thats a fair assessment.

2 hours ago, Bizza said:

VAR needs to be quicker like, that took far to long. 

its shite. was clear from the first replay he wasnt off. why the bloody delay.

i think var should have a 20 or 30 sec0nd limit. if its not obvious enough then go for the on field decision.

If you watch Harland's (admittedly not very impressive) highlights, there's a clip where a teammate lifts his leg back to shoot, in about half a second he sprints back onside, pivots then manages to get the first to the rebound by a clear yard. He's going to be immense.

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

If you watch Harland's (admittedly not very impressive) highlights, there's a clip where a teammate lifts his leg back to shoot, in about half a second he sprints back onside, pivots then manages to get the first to the rebound by a clear yard. He's going to be immense.

Yeah, noticed this when he hit the cross bar.

His movement, speed and explosiveness are immense.

He's going to be an absolute terror.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

I’m not calling him a flop, just reminds me of Andy Carroll a bit in his stature. I think Man Utd would have been a better fit, Spurs would be a good fit. Basically any team that plays that fast counter attack.. the slow build up Man City have will prove frustrating I think.

Delete this and your last post before anyone notices. The guy is going to be a monster.

It's fitting your name is Dr. Jinx, because you've pretty much jinxed us with these posts when we face them early on.

40 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Delete this and your last post before anyone notices. The guy is going to be a monster.

It's fitting your name is Dr. Jinx, because you've pretty much jinxed us with these posts when we face them early on.

? I ain’t jinxing anything, could be foolish words but I really think City have made themselves weaker over the summer despite bringing Haaland in.

The guy already has been a monster but every player has a chink the armour, his I think will be the way they play, the pressure of the role he has and the potential for the first time in his career where he won’t just be banging them in just by showing up. He’s not really had any adversity yet.

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

? I ain’t jinxing anything, could be foolish words but I really think City have made themselves weaker over the summer despite bringing Haaland in.

The guy already has been a monster but every player has a chink the armour, his I think will be the way they play, the pressure of the role he has and the potential for the first time in his career where he won’t just be banging them in just by showing up. He’s not really had any adversity yet.

What a load of shite!

When I think of a classic Haaland goal it always involves him running at pace at a defence who can't handle him. He runs past them and smashes it into the net, that seems to be his forte and he's unreal at that, quick break and he's probably the best in the world at punishing it. 

But City don't play like that. They dominate possession, the opposition sit deep and allow no space to run into, the quick breaks I'm imagining just wont happen. They need movement in the box rather than his sprint into the box. He's obviously still a fantastic striker and he'll still score loads but he'll need to adapt his game. He'll need to be sharp in the box rather than outside of it, find space rather than use his pace to run into space. 

He'll score loads but he'll need to adapt. 

I watched the second half of the game, and Haaland barely got a kick. City will have to adjust to get the best out of him. They've gone from playing without a striker to playing with a centre forward - albeit a very good one. 

There were times when it felt like they had 10 men, and LIverpool were swarming all over them.

13 hours ago, bigfella said:

I've been saying this since they signed him.

He's not a City type player, I thought the same about Grealish and I've been proved right so far. Not what they needed and hideously overpriced.

I'd have kept both Sterling and Jesus and spent the Grealish/ Haaland money elsewhere.

Of course  they'll probably both go on to break records at City now [emoji38]

Sterling will be a big miss for them. He always delivered when it mattered and was consistently effective.

13 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Haaland is just what City have been missing, to my mind. He’ll have a decent first season. I actually have a sneaking suspicious that Alvarez will have an even better one. 

Pep should roll them out in a four-four-facking-tyew. Bet he won’t, the coward.

Not asking to be a cunt but genuinely is the womens football worth watching ? 

I’ve not really followed much of it but might get on the gravy train tonight …

@HTT II I know you’ve been on it what do you think - is the level of football comparable to mens or like a different sport  ? 

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, tgarve said:

@HTT II I know you’ve been on it what do you think - is the level of football comparable to mens or like a different sport  ? 

It’s a decent level, but don’t expect PL or CL standard football. It’s a fun watch and a massive occasion, so give it a watch. It’s England vs Germany after all!

37 minutes ago, HTT II said:

It’s a decent level, but don’t expect PL or CL standard football. It’s a fun watch and a massive occasion, so give it a watch. It’s England vs Germany after all!

Aye - that’s what I’m watching for - same if the England Rugby team made it to the final etc , I’m not an avid rugby watcher but would enjoy the occasion 

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, tgarve said:

Aye - that’s what I’m watching for - same if the England Rugby team made it to the final etc , I’m not an avid rugby watcher but would enjoy the occasion 

I struggle watching any other sport these days apart from footy, but I’ve been enjoying the Commonwealth games, but mainly because I know a few taking part/running it etc.

19 hours ago, tgarve said:

It’s been a really exciting tournament. There’s a comparison to be had with tennis (where I think the women often provide more entertaining matches), there are differences but it has felt very wholesome and less edgy. Went to one of the live games and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.