Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

On 13/09/2022 at 15:16, Flip said:

Remember us discussing this last season. Just like Valverde, Rodrygo has all the tools to succeed, he just needs to develop and exceed in one or two departments to become a top footballer. None of those players really have any major weaknesses. If Rodrygo keeps developing like he has the past 6 months he could become a star in that team. Vini Jr has that x-factor with the dribbling and pace, but Rodrygo is a much more mature and composed footballer. 9 goals and 5 assists in his last 17 (6 as subs) mostly ''out of position'' on the right-side. 

Valverde, Camavinga and Tchouameni is hell of a future for Real Madrid. Seems like they've really struck gold on the two brazilians up top and those three in midfield. Tchouameni looks the real deal already and Camavinga is the most raw of them, but clearly the potential is there. 

I've always disagreed with that point but now the talent is clear for everyone to see. 

About 18-24 months ago I thought Vini was close to being an excellent player. He was like 20 years old beating players with genuine skilfulness, touch, dribbling, balance, agility etc. with ease. You could see the technique and ability was there. He ahd it - clearly. Just needed confidence, composure and to simplify his game.

But with Rodrygo - I didn't see it. He didn't look like he excelled at anything in particular to me. He looked tidy and quick. But i've now seen a genuine killer instinct in the box, technique and now the balance, dribbling etc. is there to see. I can see him growing. His confidence is getting there. I can see him working as a centre forward.

This might be bias. But La Liga needs to improve its YouTube presence. The highlights are super short and there's no commentary. And there's little content of note otherwise.

On 13/09/2022 at 16:16, madras said:

I was asking the other day on here, to no reply:rant: as to whether our standing had gone up in the game for developing youngsters with the new coaches etc coming in.

Hard to say, really. Guess it is a time will tell. Which of the ‘most desirables’ are coming to us (whether from North East or beyond).