Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah I agree, I don’t disagree Ronaldo is a ridiculous goal scorer but Pata said he carried them and he absolutely did not. He had a ridiculously good team around him, including peak Bale, Modric, Ramos and arguably peak Benzema who sacrificed himself for the team.  Bale and Ramos could argue they’ve scored more important goals. 

This Madrid team is pretty ass, and Benzema has dragged them to getting near a CL final they shouldn’t be anywhere near.

For Real he was more than a goalscorer though, like Shearer for us, he was their talisman, as good as a side they often had when he played for them, Ronaldo alone (for me) gave them an edge and an advantage that with him on the pitch, anything was possible and that transpired time and time again when he was there. With Benzema I don’t get that same feeling, in fact it’s the opposite which I guess is what you’re getting at, that without him they’d probably have went out in the group stages. He’s a great player, but not on the level as Ronaldo. But, to get to where they are, La Liga Champions in waiting and still in with a chance for a CL final, is mostly down to Benzema which shows you just how good he has bee, is and means right now for an average Madrid side.

Just now, Manxst said:

😂

Haha. 

In fairness. We were linked by some tabloid the other day. But seems like Arsenal and

other big clubs will be in for him. Not a chance we would be able to get someone that high profile just yet. 

Ronaldo has the most goals in champions League knockout games by far. Over a goal/assist per game over 80 games is ridiculous. He definitely carried Madrid in a fair number of those ties. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Haha. 

In fairness. We were linked by some tabloid the other day. But seems like Arsenal and

other big clubs will be in for him. Not a chance we would be able to get someone that high profile just yet. 

Yeah, I think signings like that are 2-3 years away.