Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

1 hour ago, Doctor Zaius said:

A team called Bruno's Magpies are currently 2-1 in the ECL qualification round

From Gib. Never had a second team before, had a flirtation with FC Santa's Claus and Kalmar (because of their paur of pants badge) but come on man Brunos Magpies, they even play in Black and White.

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

A team called Bruno's Magpies are currently 2-1 in the ECL qualification round

The club was formed in 2013, initially as a group of friends who drank at the Bruno's Bar & Restaurant in Gibraltar

FCB_Magpies.png

Edited by Dancing Brave

:lol: saw that the other day when delving into the ECL rounds. Fucking love those random teams; I always end up going down such rabbit holes when looking at those preliminary rounds. Didn't Celtic lose to a Gibraltar team a few years ago? Hilarious. Surely it's basically Northern League standard?

On 07/07/2022 at 17:56, Yorkie said:

:lol: saw that the other day when delving into the ECL rounds. Fucking love those random teams; I always end up going down such rabbit holes when looking at those preliminary rounds. Didn't Celtic lose to a Gibraltar team a few years ago? Hilarious. Surely it's basically Northern League standard?

One of theirs has played in 14 countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/José_Galán

On 07/07/2022 at 22:56, Yorkie said:

Plymouth did beat a Gibraltan team 15-1 or something absurd the other day :lol: 

On 07/07/2022 at 22:56, Yorkie said:

Aye got beat off Lincoln Red Imps away. Won the home leg mind. Probably mistaken but I think it might have been the same season Rangers got knocked out to some Luxembourg outfit and their manager did an impromptu Q&A from a bush.

pedrocaixinha.png

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

What were their lineups?

We were almost full strength first half while they were playing youngsters and went in 3-0. Then we went second string and they were almost full strength. 4-0 full time. 

16 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Was rolling subs too. Can't remember seeing it before but I'm sure it happens. Liverpool just starting firing players on after a half hour. 

Should be more of that during preseason if you ask me.

I am pretty fired up. I scored a ticket to a game you guys would think is the most unimportant game of all time. Everton-Minnesota United which is being played 6 blocks from my house. The reason I am excited is I have never seen a premier league team play live despite my interest. I know, why start at the bottom of the barrel. I told the wife I'm going to wear my Newcastle shirt. She said "Why not the home team shirt you have?" Well, because I care way more about the Premier League and I may piss off a few Everton fans if there are any. Game is two days from now.

Lampard's gotta be pissed. Minnesota United now up 4-0. I was there for the first half, had some knee issues and am watching the second half from home but man, Everton is getting run off the pitch. Did see many Everton supporters, didn't see any Toon jerseys but me.