Other games (2022/23)

Deuce

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Would love to believe we could. The door is surely open to someone. For a team located in the supposedly impenetrable top six, they're so flawed. 

We have a new manager and it's the first game. :lol:

I know there's a mad obsession with us on here but there's a huge amount of disrespect for Brighton as well. They're a good side and they played well today. 

One of my favourite results of the season already.

Totally deserved too, should’ve been 3-0 up with that ridiculous non-decision.

People say VAR isn’t to blame, but it is, pre-VAR the ref would’ve just given the decision but there is a clear hesitancy to give decisions now, knowing VAR will mop up behind them.

Problem is, it never does. 

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Sancho does so little, so poorly used

I don’t get the fuss over him, I really don’t. Willock is a more effective player than he is!

Brighton rocking up without their two best players from last season and getting this result is so impressive.

Got a bunch of money to play with now too. They're going to be fine this season, and much more.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

One of my favourite results of the season already.

Totally deserved too, should’ve been 3-0 up with that ridiculous non-decision.

People say VAR isn’t to blame, but it is, pre-VAR the ref would’ve just given the decision but there is a clear hesitancy to give decisions now, knowing VAR will mop up behind them.

Problem is, it never does. 

In the opening weekend there hasn't been any good use of VAR iirc.

100% a penalty.

Guest HTT II

No wonder Ronaldo wants away from that shower, mind they would have been just as better off giving him the manager’s job. 

Just now, HTT II said:

I don’t get the fuss over him, I really don’t. Willock is a more effective player than he is!

Same. He's got excellent technique. He looks a player. Not effective at all. Did he play RW for Dortmund?

He's in my FPL team as well smh. Gambled on a couple kind fixtures.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Man Utd need so many new players.

They look a complete mess. I genuinely can't believe how many positions could do with improving.

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Brighton rocking up without their two best players from last season and getting this result is so impressive.

Got a bunch of money to play with now too. They're going to be fine this season, and much more.

If they had Wilson up front, they’d be serious contenders for the top 6 IMO, that’s what they truly lack, a goalscorer. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

In the opening weekend there hasn't been any good use of VAR iirc.

100% a penalty.

I also believe Godfrey’s injury yesterday was down to VAR.

100% pre-VAR the linesman would’ve flagged in that situation and probably guessed (correctly). He didn’t, because he knew it’d be looked at if anything came of it and they’re encouraged to let the phase of play go on.

Just now, Froggy said:

The fact that they never even called the ref over for the penalty by the way is a disgrace. 

That annoys me to no end. 99% of the time, they change their mind because 3/4 other professionals think they've made a mistake. Would rather save the time and have VAR overrule. I can only remember 1 time last season that a decision wasn't changed after the ref was asked to have a look.

Guest HTT II
Just now, mouldy_uk said:

He’d do it as long as he can keep his top off

And play up front on his own and not have to get back, take every pen, corner, free kick and get to smash kids’ phones every game.

As much as I enjoy ManU losing I can't be bothered with another season of exaggerated coverage about what a basket case they are and how remarkable it is whenever they're not competing at the top end. They're just a decent side, no more no less.