Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

The irony is he's playing a style not terribly to dissimilar to what he inherited here. A back three that sprang on teams quickly and tried to get it wide often. Perhaps if he hadn't tried to throw his predecessor under the bus and just ploughed ahead with a back three he'd been fine.

6 hours ago, Thiago said:

The irony is he's playing a style not terribly to dissimilar to what he inherited here. A back three that sprang on teams quickly and tried to get it wide often. Perhaps if he hadn't tried to throw his predecessor under the bus and just ploughed ahead with a back three he'd been fine.

The truth is he's found his level. He would never have been fine here, you can't train three days a week and expect it to work at PL level.

Bet you that if he gets a spell of flukey wins and his media mates ask him if he could've kept us up, he'd throw in a cheeky "Eee yaa knaw, I could'of, but they didn't give me a chance. But I wouldn't have been comfortable managing a team with those owners at the end of the day."

West Brom actually played quite well and probably deserved the win. Mitro missed a decent chance to level it, but on balance the right team won.

I'm actually quite glad Bruce is back in management now that he's not our problem any more.

I can just enjoy him as a sort of comedy buffoon now, realising that his successes in management are largely flukes, which will only make him even more confident about his abilities and even more confused when it all goes wrong.

3 minutes ago, Emotic said:

But I wouldn't have been comfortable managing a team with those owners at the end of the day."

Only because the bacon sandwiches would've stopped.

Heard the commentators talking about his rigorous training techniques last night, 5 and 6 side matches, such cutting edge techniques he has, not sure why we ever let him go! 

Thought Fulham were the dominant side last night but didn't look like they were likely to do anything in the final 3rd and West brom looked dangerous on the counter, Fulham couldn't cope with the directness.

Would think that's the play offs out of reach for them.

Reminder that they were in them when he was appointed and their chairman said one of the main reasons they appointed him was he would have an immediate impact. And he was right. 

Just now, Joey Linton said:

Would think that's the play offs out of reach for them.

Reminder that they were in them when he was appointed and their chairman said one of the main reasons they appointed him was he would have an immediate impact. And he was right. 

Too far off now you’d think and the better teams outside the playoffs (Boro, Qpr and Forest) all have games on them too. Got to think that might be last West Brom are in the PL for a while as they’ve wasted their marrachute payments.

Even if West Brom get to the playoffs this season, don't think they'll get better of any of the teams in there at the moment.

Bruce will fail with West Brom next season (ie. not make the playoffs at the very least), get sacked and then we won't hear about him being a football manager ever again.