Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

2 hours ago, wormy said:

Didn't realise just how long West Brom had been a mainstay of the top two divisions.

He's currently on course to lead them to their lowest league finish in 30 years.

He already achieved that last year 

I was checking out the WBA forum and got a good laugh, someone asked who they might be in for if Bruce is sacked. Some bloke said roughly translated "We could tape a volleyball to a mop handle, draw a face on it and it would be no worse than what we have now"

My god, just caught the end of the 'highlights' on ITV there, and Bruce actually said he hoped he'd be given time and "he hadn't been able to arrest the slide", and "the team had been on the slide for the last 2-2.5 years."

Were they not 5th when he was appointed last season?

This absolute whopper of a fraud.

Edited by TK-421

4 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

My god, just caught the end of the 'highlights' on ITV there, and Bruce actually said he hoped he'd be given time and "he hadn't been able to arrest the slide", and "the team had been on the slide for the last 2-2.5 years."

We're they not 5th when he was appointed last season?

An absolute con man (In my opinion).  I just wish he would try to sue me in court because I would have him for toast.  Go on Steve, I dare you.

Seen the WBA - Luton highlights on TV and the whole thing, crowd, atmosphere, even their stripey tops reminded me of us about one year and a week ago....it was like a bad case of deja vu....so then I re-run the highlights of us beating Brentford 5-1 and all is good again :lol:

I do like a good fan vlog when I'm particularly invested in something - watched a lot of Bristol Rovers ones last season (Anderson), and finding myself watching a fair few WBA ones at the moment. A lot of 'don't know what you're doing', and 'stand up if you want Bruce out' chants here from 11 mins onwards

7 hours ago, Rod said:

An absolute con man (In my opinion).  I just wish he would try to sue me in court because I would have him for toast.  Go on Steve, I dare you.

He was just going to ring his lawyers and then you mentioned "toast" 

His phones on the counter now, next to the cheese and bread

18 hours ago, McDog said:

I was checking out the WBA forum and got a good laugh, someone asked who they might be in for if Bruce is sacked. Some bloke said roughly translated "We could tape a volleyball to a mop handle, draw a face on it and it would be no worse than what we have now"

That's like the sort of stuff that I write. 

16 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Were they not 5th when he was appointed last season?

Seen that, the defence offered, albeit light but nevertheless massively reaching, was one of these XG type stats showing they're not defensive.

But every stat he had here - attacks/attacks against, shots/shot against had us in the bottom two - it was totally ignored and only his spawny results counted then and he smugly loved living off just that. So be it.

Edited by Wolfcastle

every time he mentions 1000 games, surely the journos have to ask whether fans turning on him at sunderland, villa, newcastle and now west brom, means its time to quit as he's out of touch with modern coaching.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

every time he mentions 1000 games, surely the journos have to ask whether fans turning on him at sunderland, villa, newcastle and now west brom, means its time to quit as he's out of touch with modern coaching.

I assume he has the worst record of any manager ever to reach 1,000 games?