Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

In an alternative hell-scape, I wonder what would have happened if Bruce had Pardew's squad, and vice versa.

I'd imagine Bruce would have done worse with the squad, but then again there's a chance he'd not have have thrown Ben Arfa under the bus, by just chucking him the ball and asking for "a little bit of magic". Before swapping him for Hamza Choudhury.

Bruce by a mile for me as most despised NUFC manager.

His constant belittling of NUFC, constant praise for Ashley, constant digs at Rafa (not forgetting his disgusting dig at Howe), constant digs at our fans and social media, using his bellend of a son to fire shots at us non-stop, getting his media mates to hammer our fanbase and that’s without mentioning the utter shite he served up on the pitch. The last five months under Rafa, we were a joy to watch and had a solid defence. We’d have probably been relegated if it wasn’t for Dubravka and Maxi in 19-20 and Wilson and Willock in 20-21.

He’d have been gone well before he was finally binned if Covid hadn’t of appeared. No way he’d have survived at SJP with his turgid, shite football and his digs at our fans (albeit he probably would have bottled saying them if we were in the ground still).

TOSSER!

Bruce always knew exactly what was going on and was totally complicit in what went on. He has never been a friend to Newcastle United. 

CUNT! 

Edited by Big Geordie

17 minutes ago, Paully said:

Bruce by a mile for me as most despised NUFC manager.

His constant belittling of NUFC, constant praise for Ashley, constant digs at Rafa (not forgetting his disgusting dig at Howe), constant digs at our fans and social media, using his bellend of a son to fire shots at us non-stop, getting his media mates to hammer our fanbase and that’s without mentioning the utter shite he served up on the pitch. The last five months under Rafa, we were a joy to watch and had a solid defence. We’d have probably been relegated if it wasn’t for Dubravka and Maxi in 19-20 and Wilson and Willock in 20-21.

He’d have been gone well before he was finally binned if Covid hadn’t of appeared. No way he’d have survived at SJP with his turgid, shite football and his digs at our fans (albeit he probably would have bottled saying them if we were in the ground still).

TOSSER!

star wars hate GIF

It all comes to something when we even agree with the mackems about something.

His excuse then? Because he wasn't from Sunderland.

His excuse with us? Because he wasn't from Spain.

Edited by Abacus

3 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

I’ve actually grown to like Pardew since he stopped managing us. 

Aye, one of my favorite posters these days.

1 hour ago, Abacus said:

In an alternative hell-scape, I wonder what would have happened if Bruce had Pardew's squad, and vice versa.

I'd imagine Bruce would have done worse with the squad, but then again there's a chance he'd not have have thrown Ben Arfa under the bus, by just chucking him the ball and asking for "a little bit of magic". Before swapping him for Hamza Choudhury.

Ironically Bruce did exactly that with him at Hull. :lol:

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

image.thumb.png.3aa6a16855a37c9f2c83d5ce9992cfda.png.0bee4f339c688e28acb985689d5f37e8.png

[emoji38]

Always seems very respectful of us when he’s a pundit. Unlike that tosser Souness. 

I’m sure I’m in the minority of one here. 

Edited by Miggys First Goal

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ironically Bruce did exactly that with him at Hull. :lol:

just what i was coming in to say. didnt even give HBA a chance at hull.

34 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

[emoji38]

Always seems very respectful of us when he’s a pundit. Unlike that tosser Souness. 

:lol:

I totally get why someone might believe Bruce is worse, they were both honking for different reasons and we're effectively arguing about different cheeks of the same arsehole.

I absolutely can't get on board with positivity towards the King though. I'm not ready to let go of that grudge.

Didn't love pardew when he was here. but he's not been a tosser when referring to us with sly digs and crazy expectations like the rest of the wankers we've had managing us. Hughton rafa maclaren pardew I don't recall been arse holes about there time here. 

For what they did to the club Dalglish and Souness are unrivalled but I couldn't and don't even dislike Dalglish horrific as I was and can almost like Souness at times but know he's a bit of a psycho so hold back there.  McLaren's a benevolent hapless type of wanker, Kinnear a mad old bloke etc but Bruce and Big Sam  I have no time as personalities to salvage anything from.  Bruce was lazy and Fat Sam wasn't is the best thing that can be said about Sam.

Being Newcastle manager was the height of Pardew's career, and we took him from League One at the time, it makes sense he'll be more positive about us (and be grateful to Ashley for it). A lot different for Bruce.

Mad how easily swayed people are by someone just not being an arsehole. :lol:

He's just doing the same as what Joey Barton does when he says naughty words about Mike Ashley, playing you like a fiddle. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 hours ago, Abacus said:

You do know HBA played under Bruce right? 

Man management seemed to be one thing Pardew was decent at and is probably one of the main reasons he had a decent career.

If Bruce had come first I might dislike him more, but Pardew epitomizes the Ashley era for me. The two are inextricably linked and combined to make me not care at all. I was only mildly interested in Rafa and often didn't know when we were playing under Bruce. It was all a very pointless exercise and that became clear during the Pardew years.

I can't even fully enjoy highlights of the Tiote 4-4 goal because I cringe every time it cuts to Pardew's dumb fist pumps.

I'm 80 years old and I have always despised him and dreaded the day when he turned up here. He has been linked with a move here on many occasions including when SBR was at the end of his reign. I could never understand what people saw in him or how they could possibly rate him. Anyway he came here and showed exactly why I and many others hate the guy

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

You do know HBA played under Bruce right? 

Man management seemed to be one thing Pardew was decent at and is probably one of the main reasons he had a decent career.

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that till Optimistic Nut pointed it out.

You may be right re man management, but only with certain players - pretty sure Schar and Longstaff couldn't stand him at our place, for example.

14 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Yeah, I'd forgotten about that till Optimistic Nut pointed it out.

You may be right re man management, but only with certain players - pretty sure Schar and Longstaff couldn't stand him at our place, for example.

Don't think Pardew managed Schar.

I've heard players talk about Bruce - mixed reviews but mostly positive. Nearly every player I've heard speak about Pardew (mostly Palace players) speaks highly of him. Both of them seem to lean on being personable and Pardew remaining personable even if the player is not in his plans.

Conversely - most ex-players (mostly the scouse lot) don't speak that highly of Rafa and again - I think that's because he's not personable. So might not be worth very much at all.

39 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I've heard players talk about Bruce - mixed reviews

Yeah, it was Bruce I was talking about there re Schar. 

43 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I've heard players talk about Bruce - mixed reviews but mostly positive. Nearly every player I've heard speak about Pardew (mostly Palace players) speaks highly of him. Both of them seem to lean on being personable and Pardew remaining personable even if the player is not in his plans.

Conversely - most ex-players (mostly the scouse lot) don't speak that highly of Rafa and again - I think that's because he's not personable. So might not be worth very much at all.

Bruce and Pardew come up a lot on Undr the Cosh interviews.

Most say Pardew fancied himself ("chocolate, if he could eat himself he would do") etc but generally there's fairly positive comments although nobody absolutely raving about him being brilliant etc.

Can remember a fair few who don't like Bruce. Themes are that he won't pull players and explain why they're not playing and that he relies on his assistants to do everything, most say Eric Black or Clemence etc are good and Bruce doesn't do much. 

Theres quite a funny story on the Rowan Vine one where Bruce gives Phil Brown at Hull Vine's number and tells him to call him and see if he wants to go on loan there, without discussing the prospect of a loan move with Vine at all first. So Vine, being a bit of a dick and not very happy, gives his mate who's a plumber Bruce's number and tells him to call Bruce and see if he wants any plumbing done on the basis of "give my number out, I'll give yours out". Apparently Bruce was raging that this guy was ringing and texting constantly seeing if he wanted a new downstairs toilet or whatever :lol:

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

[emoji38]

At least Souness has the balls to actually come out and tell everyone that he just wasn't good enough. That's literally his only redeeming feature [emoji38]

Pardew and Bruce likely still think they're good enough for a PL gig.