Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

He is starting to make Alan Pardew half decent.

Bruce has proved to be tactically useless. Another game tonight in which we have created nothing and been defensively vulnerable. The decision to sack Val mid-season has proved to a disaster.

How do you sack a manager that has you 5th for Steve Bruce. :lol:  

Gourlay, West Brom's newly-appointed CEO, added: "Steve is a highly-respected and experienced manager who has an impressive record of earning promotion to the Premier League.

"His excellent man-management skills, tactical nous, and ability to hit the ground running were among the many reasons we decided he was the man to take us forward.

"I think whoever took over from Valerien, it was going to be tough," said Bruce. "I don’t think people wanted me from the start, in the local media and the fans. It has been incredibly draining emotionally at times, very hard. Not just for me but for my whole family, who are all Midlanders and who are all West Bromwich fans….”

7 minutes ago, Manxst said:

"I think whoever took over from Valerien, it was going to be tough," said Bruce. "I don’t think people wanted me from the start, in the local media and the fans. It has been incredibly draining emotionally at times, very hard. Not just for me but for my whole family, who are all Midlanders and who are all West Bromwich fans….”

That's what he said about us after taking over...except then all his family were NUFC fans.

Bet he mentions the fact that it's "only the second time wuh've lost here this season" despite only taking charge of two home games, losing one and drawing one.

I'd also expect a "need wah luck to turn", "saw some positives for sure" and "keep bashing away" in the post-match.

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Thats never a genuine quote? [emoji38]

“Always liked Bruce ,  I thought he was treated awfully at Newcastle but I fear he's another one to fall into the trap of looking at names on paper with this squad ”

well, just got this quote wba fans,  I hope he drags you into relegation battle. Thick cernt. 

35 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Gourlay, West Brom's newly-appointed CEO, added: "Steve is a highly-respected and experienced manager who has an impressive record of earning promotion to the Premier League.

"His excellent man-management skills, tactical nous, and ability to hit the ground running were among the many reasons we decided he was the man to take us forward.

Was never a goer the minute running was mentioned.