Captain Steak Bakes

David Edgar

Bruce's best XI

Chris Kirkland (Wigan);
Wes Brown (Sunderland), Harry Maguire (Hull City), John Terry (Aston Villa), Andy Robertson (Hull City);
Lee Cattermole (Wigan & Sunderland), Wilson Palacios (Wigan), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Antonio Valencia (Wigan);
Christophe Duggary (Birmingham), Allan Saint Maximan (Newcastle).

Subs: Alan McGregor (Hull), Matthew Upson (Birmingham), Jake Livermore (Hull), Tom Huddlestone (Hull), Emile Heskey (Wigan), Robbie Savage (Birmingham), John Mensah (Sunderland).

That team, according to RTG apparently only one player he didn't sign himself (Grealish) :lol: 

Also, Darren Bent not being on the list is pretty hilarious give he's the one who pretty much kept him at Sunderland as long as he did.

Guest HTT II
7 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

I refuse to believe Pep, Mourinho and Wenger rang him up after he was sacked to offer their support.......just pure unadulterated bullshit. 

He probably mistook the kebab shop delivery drivers as them!

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

It reminds me of the Alan Partridge biography. Might as well end 'needless to say, I had the last pay-off

42 minutes ago, Comegetasample said:

I refuse to believe Pep, Mourinho and Wenger rang him up after he was sacked to offer their support.......just pure unadulterated bullshit. 

This.  Might be complete stupidity on my part but do all managers have each other's number in their Contacts?  or is it like Pep's "people" got in touch with bruce's "agent aka local kebab house"?

Like others have suggested I think it's more them wanting him back cos it's 6 points guaranteed each season.  Or they're just being polite.  I seem to recall, around the time of his sacking, other managers getting asked about the 'terrible treatment' those clueless geordies are dishing out to a proper legend etc. and them saying a few words.  I'm sure if they were being completely honest they'd be more like "really?  what took them so fucking long?  He's shite!".

Edited by ScottishMagpie

1 hour ago, Comegetasample said:

It's up there with the sack full off letters of Newcastle fans.

Edited by Dancing Brave

He's like a football version of Arnold Rimmer - overly inflated opinion of himself, blames his failings on everyone else, and nearly everyone thinks he's a massive cunt.  Wish a polymorph would suck his brains out.

Newcastle United

"I'm glad I did the job. Look, it ended badly, but for two years we did ok. My job was to keep us in the Premier League, and I did that. It might take a decade, a bit like Sunderland, but I hope one day people can say: “He didn’t do too bad in the circumstances, with the owner and everything else… end of.”

The worst and most hated Newcastle United manager EVER in my opinion. 

A Man utd loving fraud with no integrity.

Loathsome b*stard that bloke is.

Everytime I read or hear him it makes me think "is he that dumb and deluded or his he that much of a connyving lying c*nt or a both?"

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, ScottishMagpie said:

Had a quick read over that thread on RTG....... just realised, he wasn't put on this earth to be a good football manager.... no, he was put here to unite fans across the Tyne/Wear divide.  

image.png.b83a9ed83e0062b31a5ac851c77102c1.png

Just seen he's describing (insert name of whover opponent is) Middlesbrough as the toughest possible start.

Good to see the conscious effort to not run down his own team and big up the opposition has been thrown under the bus immediately when he's got arse to cover

Edited by Wolfcastle

I didn’t think I could hate him anymore but I do after reading that article!

Utter twat of a man and a complete fraud of a manager!

i actually think I might want the mackems to beat West Brom!

Just remember he made a deal with Ashley to get an £8 million payoff from the next owners,  total fraud of a manager and a bloke with zero integrity and I will never have anything but contempt for him for as long as I live.

Shame he's at WBA, seemingly an affable club. But no way am I reading that. :lol: "My job was to keep us up and we did that," when he was sacked we were winless in 8, won 7 from the previous 38 and we destined to go down. The fucking audacity of the cunt. Despise him.

Says a lot that Howe, a guy from Buckinghamshire and Benitez, a guy from Madrid, are both far more Geordies in my eyes than this rancid fuck ever will be.

Bruce mused...

Lying fat knacker is absolutely shameless. I'll not look back at his time here with anything other than shame, embarrassment and disgust. He is, was, and always will be an obnoxious, incompetent, gormless, classless fat cunt.

3 hours ago, Nobody said:

That Aston Villa 4 wins in 54 doesn't sound quite right neither. @brummiewill probably have something to say about it. 

It sounds suspect, indeed.

However, this bit made me laugh:

But the biggest thing I did that summer was fight tooth and nail to keep Grealish because they wanted to sell him and Spurs were there with £10million

There's no way we'd ever have sold Grealish for that, ffs. 

That's typical fucking Bruce, bigging himself up and rewriting history. 

When he talks about his time with us he should maybe talk about the squad he had in the Championship and that he failed to get us promoted with it. That also masks the fact that in his entire time with us, we played football devoid of any shape or tactics, a team just sent out there with a 'do your best, lads' and fingers crossed it works out.

I knew what would happen as soon as he rocked up at your place. He's so fucking predictable.

Honestly, I fucking hated having him as our manager, and I can remember the likes of Graham Turner, Billy McNeill (got us and Man City relegated in the same season) and McLeish (who produced awful football but was at least not a cunt of a person), 

The football was absolute fucking vomit, week after week, and having his cast of loyal ringpiece lickers in the press - as well as that cretin of a son of his - just made it worse.

As if not only should we appreciate watching truly awful football, we should consider ourselves lucky.

Fuck that.