Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

24 minutes ago, gdm said:

Surely if only Leeds lose they are unlikely to catch us unless there’s a 19 goal swing in 3 games 

Yeah but if we're talking about it being mathematically impossible for them to catch up then .com are right 

We're safe. But I get worried when people talk about a 19 goal swing in three games. Sounds huge, but do remember Man City are trying to close/beat Liverpool's GD edge... not saying they're going to hump us 19-0, but 4 or 5 isn't beyond the question. 

2 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

We're safe. But I get worried when people talk about a 19 goal swing in three games. Sounds huge, but do remember Man City are trying to close/beat Liverpool's GD edge... not saying they're going to hump us 19-0, but 4 or 5 isn't beyond the question. 

At which point Leeds need to win by how many to whittle it down?

3 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

Worrying.

It’s Leeds, it’s the perfect rise and fall. From them being fearless under Biesla, to hiring an inexperienced Jesse Marsch in hopes of turning it around, the story is all but written.

5 minutes ago, 54 said:

God Leeds fixtures are horrendous...

No worse than Burnley's; Spurs away, Villa away (who just comfortably beat them at home) then us.

They've had their caretaker manager bounce and won't get anything out of their next two.

I could definitely see Leeds getting something from Chelsea at home.

18 hours ago, Decky said:

Think Leeds will go after today's results. 

I think the opposite. Burnley have to play Villa who they’ve just been beaten by, spurs and I think we’ll beat them. 

Leeds play Chelsea 3 days before they play in a cup final and Brighton and Brentford will be tough but beatable. 

will go to the wire

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

It's ridiculously tight. Burnley with the 'point' advantage of GD (which won't be overturned), but Leeds perhaps the slightly better fixtures, and perhaps a little bit of extra individual quality. 

If Arsenal beat Spurs on Thursday then that Spurs fixture doesn't look quite so tough for Burnley as Spurs will be guaranteed to finish 5th regardless of how they get on in their final 2 matches, although you'd still probably expect them to win. 

With Everton as long as 12/1 and with the remaining fixtures to maybe even threaten to get past us, I certainly won't be hoping Burnley beat us on the final day now, as I'd prefer Leeds to stay up out of the main 2 in question.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Love how everyone's 'predictions' change every week like. :lol:

Obviously it will when new results happen :lol:

Everton winning two in a row obviously changes things and Burnley losing one of their most winnable games changes things 

Edited by gdm

5 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Yes, but it would take the most ridiculous sequence of events that you could ever think of :lol:

Leeds can only catch us on goal difference with Leeds 14 goals worse off than us

It would take all of the following:

• Newcastle to lose to Arsenal and Burnley, probably by a margin of around 5 or 6 combined 
  • Leeds to beat Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford, probably by a margin of 8 or 9 combined (basically a swing of 14 goals in those 5 results between Leeds and Newcastle).
  • Burnley to beat Spurs, Villa, Newcastle
  • Everton to get 8+ points from Watford, Brentford, Palace, Arsenal, which maybe could happen
  • Southampton to beat either Liverpool or Leicester, and make sure their GD remains better than ours, or 4 points
  • Leicester to draw one of their last 4 matches

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, point being that the previous predictions were all shite. :lol:

Aye :lol: Predictions are always shite. We’d all be millionaires if we could do it but it’s still fun to do 

Edited by gdm

11 minutes ago, Paullow said:

• Newcastle to lose to Arsenal and Burnley, probably by a margin of around 5 or 6 combined 
  • Leeds to beat Chelsea, Brighton, Brentford, probably by a margin of 8 or 9 combined (basically a swing of 14 goals in those 5 results between Leeds and Newcastle).
  • Everton to get 8+ points from Watford, Brentford, Palace, Arsenal, which maybe could happen
  • Southampton to beat either Liverpool or Leicester, and make sure their GD remains better than ours, or 4 points

Fuck, I'm worried now!

4 hours ago, Paullow said:

So you're saying.. there's a chance? :undecided: