Balls on the bath - who's going down?

The Prophet

Balls in the bath - who's going down?  

420 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going down?

The season we went down last we took 14 points from Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Man City, out of our total of 37 (roughly 38% of the points total) from top six sides. It was taking a mere 15 points from the other nine sides to finish in the bottom half that killed us that year and I fully expect Everton to be relegated in similar fashion.

Judging by their performance yesterday, coupled with what we saw from Chelsea today, I think Leeds are more capable of picking up at least 6 more points. Think they can beat Chelsea and Brighton, and possibly also Brentford.

Everton raise their game at home, so I think they will win both their home games. Away form is dreadful, so I can only see them picking up a point from those. So 7 points for them.

Burnley will beat Villa at home and draw with us. Can’t see them beating Spurs or Villa away. So 4 points (or possibly 6 if we’re on the beach).

I think (hope) Leeds can get out of it, and it come down to the final day between Everton and Burnley. Can’t stand Everton, but Burnley also offer nothing to the PL. Wouldn’t be sad to see either go.

56 minutes ago, ilikenewcastle said:

I don't know how anyone can look at those fixtures and have any clue who will go down. Can understand why people would pick Leeds, but those games against Arsenal and Chelsea are far from lost causes.

Leeds players are dropping like flies, they are extremely light up front and their goal difference is awful which makes me think Leeds. 

I'd love to know the actual odds, accumulator style of the results that would need to happen for us to go down. For example Burnley could well pass us if they win their games, however that means beating Villa twice and that would mean Villa having  to beat Palace and get something from either  Liverpool or Man City.

I'm now looking at Leeds to drop.

38 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd love to know the actual odds, accumulator style of the results that would need to happen for us to go down. For example Burnley could well pass us if they win their games, however that means beating Villa twice and that would mean Villa having  to beat Palace and get something from either  Liverpool or Man City.

I'm now looking at Leeds to drop.

don’t have to beat. Villa twice to finish above us, just once then beat us - that could get them finish on same points as us with better goal difference.

i know we’re very much safe but until I hear mathematically impossible I won’t totally relax.

Edited by Gawalls

I’m disgusted with Chelsea, haven’t seen it but the radio were saying they were poor. Giving Fwank a bit of a breather eh.

The last relegation spot will solely come down to who’s playing whom and what do they have to play for. Lot of mid table teams on the beach already.

Even before today I had a bad feeling Leeds would just end up slipping down.. they’ve had awful luck with injuries all season. 

2 hours ago, DoricGinola said:

Fucking Everton, man. Pricks

Small picture, this.

Big picture, we've just been outclassed by the team in second, but that's how meh the team in third is. We nearly beat them at their place ourselves with missing midfielders, an experimental formation, and only two-three days' preparation. In the big picture, Everton are irrelevant to us.

9 hours ago, Wandy said:

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

I have Burnley down on 38 points. Everton on 39 and Leeds on 40.

I just cannot see a way that Everton drop now. 

Well you've only got then staying up by a point so it's not exactly beyond the realms of possibility? 

I think Leeds bring the most to the PL but they also have more players I'd take in the summer so it's a tricky one...

24 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Richarlison getting banned for throwing the flare apparently 

fair enough seeing as throwing a flare at a match is a criminal offence. 

6 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Watford can't even draw at home, they aren't about to beat Everton 

Yeah, they’re shite. But Everton haven’t got a point away from home under Lampard have they?