Southampton vs Newcastle United: 10/03/2022 @ 19:30 (No UK TV)

LRD

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Other than Krafth, (I would have bought Manquillo in), I just think we looked a bit jaded and in need of freshening up. Also losing the physicality of Joelinton will be a huge miss. 

We've got Bruno who will be playing out of his skin for his place tonight to freshen this up mate. Toon toon!!!

Edited by WillingtonMag

Thing with Krafth is, although he has a clanger in him Howe has them all better focused than under bacon boy. Plus the fact the players have been talking about how they cover for each other. He's a weak spot but it's not the end of the world.

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Dodgy hamstring for Joelinton. Maybe a crafty way to rest him but not look like someone is getting dropped. Hamstring doesn't sound good for a Sunday return. 

Think he has had a groin problem and also another niggle for a while. Hip, maybe? Hammy could be something new.

He has played so many games for Howe and always putting it in. I’m hoping it’s them managing a slight problem and not that serious. If he were to miss say 3-4 games. That would be a huge loss. 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

We've got Bruno who will be playing out of his skin for his place tonight to freshen this up mate. Toon toon!!!

I’m not being negative, our run has been incredible and will end eventually. As I said though I feel the pressure will be somewhat off after a big win on Saturday 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Must say I can’t wait for the day that it doesn’t feel as though we are solely relying on ASM.

That day has already passed. He’s been out for a few games and we’ve still won. 

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It hasn’t though has it ? We still rely on him more than any other player for attacking impetus 

Yeah he’s our main attacking threat but you said rely ‘solely’ on him. We clearly don’t and are capable of winning without him. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Yeah he’s our main attacking threat but you said rely ‘solely’ on him. We clearly don’t and are capable of winning without him. 

I didn’t say we do, I said it feels like we still do which is different, taking a 3 game period out I still feel the point stands.