Southampton vs Newcastle United: 10/03/2022 @ 19:30 (No UK TV)

LRD

18 minutes ago, astraguy said:

Are both tripper and Wilson out for the whole month ?

Our last game in March is a week on Thursday, so obviously neither will be back by then.

Would take a point. They've only lost 1 home game this season in all competitions. But a part of me thinks we can go there and get 3 points though given them losing 4-0 at Villa. They're quite unpredictable. Huge boost if Salisu is out.

Can see Bruno and ASM starting.

16 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Manq for Krafth

Bruno for Shelvey

ASM for Murphy

They're a well drilled side. Will be a tough game.

Bruno for Willock. I know the positions are not exactly the same, but I think Willock is currently the weakest of our middle three.

I agree the other two changes, and I think they WILL happen.

Southampton is a strange team. Can be very good, can be very leaky. If both Salisu and Peters are out we definitely can score goals. They are good at home that has to be said. Southampton doesn't park the bus so its a perfect game for Maximin.

16 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

From a not very good performance against Brighton?

11 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

A poor performance can't see Howe being happy with how we performed at all.

Bit unfair with the run we have been on to suggest we need a reaction 

37 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Bruno for Willock. I know the positions are not exactly the same, but I think Willock is currently the weakest of our middle three.

I agree the other two changes, and I think they WILL happen.

Completely disagree about Willock, it should absolutely be Shelvey who makes way. 

But I agree with you in that it'll happen the way you say. 

8 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Completely disagree about Willock, it should absolutely be Shelvey who makes way. 

But I agree with you in that it'll happen the way you say. 

With Wood not scoring we can't really afford to take Wilock out like he's probably the best finisher in the team right now. I had previously called for Bruno to replace him as well but now he's found a bit of form and scored a few we have to leave him in.

Edited by WillingtonMag

21 hours ago, Cronky said:

For some reason, Southampton are the most unpredictable of sides. I can't work them out. Maybe something to do with their manager. 

So reasons to be cheerful. 

Eh? They’re literally one of the most predictable sides in the league. Their level of performance (last weekend aside) has been consistently very good for months.

6 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Eh? They’re literally one of the most predictable sides in the league. Their level of performance (last weekend aside) has been consistently very good for months.

I get what he means tbf , I don't look too deep into their results tbh, it's like Spurs , the impression they give off is you dunno what your gonna get 

22 minutes ago, GWN said:

I get what he means tbf , I don't look too deep into their results tbh, it's like Spurs , the impression they give off is you dunno what your gonna get 

They haven’t lost at home for 6 months. The impression I get is they’re fairly decent at home :lol:

On 06/03/2022 at 13:28, HaydnNUFC said:

They've only lost 1 home game this season in all competitions.

Surprised at that mind. About the least intimidating place you could hope to play. 

Would take a draw.