Roman Abramovich

Pokerprince2004

6 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I'm sure an upstanding large donator to the Tory party will get the club for a very reasonable price. Completely unrelated ofc.

image.thumb.png.b489008465422bd866be7bfd1bd85bc8.png

The ambiguity of that statement alludes to some truth in yours. :lol: 

Here's the license permissions (not sure if giggs): 

FNenc5qXEAUfPun?format=jpg&name=small

What a mess.

8 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Oh come on :lol:

Although I'm not being serious, not a peep out of Jamie since the story of him being interested came out on Tuesday and the guy that wrote the story is followed by both Jamie and Mehrdad on twitter.

6 hours ago, St1pe said:

I’m not laughing too hard at this given our ownership to be honest. It could easily be us. 

Unlikely before even more so now that we are weaning ourselves of the small amount of Russian oil we purchase, the Mid East is more important than ever.

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

He wouldn’t have risked his safety, just look at what Celtic fans did to their CE…

That had nothing to do with Celtic or even football for that matter

My guess is that Chelsea will get sold but it will be very protracted and RA will have no say in where the club goes.

I only really care about the footballing side of things. I want them to be in as much turmoil as possible, so that there is one less horse in the race in 2 years time.

They won't be signing any players in the summer, which will be an absolute killer for them. You can't stand still when you are in the top 4.

Looks like the Americans are winning out 

The sanctioning of Roman Abramovich is set to spark a shootout between three American-led groups who are bidding to save Chelsea from the threat of financial armageddon.

It is understood that Raine have received around 150 enquiries from individuals or groups claiming to be interested in buying Chelsea, but that, so far, three have emerged as the most serious.

American billionaire Todd Boehly, together with Hansjorg Wyss and another businessman, have made an official bid for Chelsea between £2billion and £2.5bn, which remains on the table and is being treated as a serious, realistic proposal.

The other two parties who are being treated as the most serious bidders are the Ricketts family, who own the Chicago Cubs baseball team, and the owner of the New York Jets, Woody Johnson.

5 minutes ago, Thiago said:

Can someone condense for me what this means short term?

Operationally, they are limited and can only fund costs associated with day to day operation. No player transfers in or out, no contract renewal or sponsorship renewal. £500,000 budget for home matchday expendidture. £20,000 for away games.

Depending on when the takeover happens, FFP could come for them (probably won't). Expect new owners to sell some of their loan brigade when that happens. Broja to NUFC, please. 

In fact, that will make selling the club much easier won't it? If the club go into administration, they don't need to worry about RA getting any money at all.

Worst that will happen will that they will get kicked out of the champions league spots. Better off taking administration this season.

Edited by STM

Guest HTT II
13 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Wow! Like I said earlier, I think they will be very toxic for a while brand to brand!

Guest HTT II
1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

American owners is going to be awful for them.

Unless they turn out like LFC’s, although I know lots of their fans are not happy with them!

Funny as fuck reading twitter and seeing people say "now go after Newcastle and City." 

Are they that thick that they don't see the difference in relationship between the UK and Saudi compared to the UK and Russia.

35 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Looks like the Americans are winning out 

The sanctioning of Roman Abramovich is set to spark a shootout between three American-led groups who are bidding to save Chelsea from the threat of financial armageddon.

It is understood that Raine have received around 150 enquiries from individuals or groups claiming to be interested in buying Chelsea, but that, so far, three have emerged as the most serious.

American billionaire Todd Boehly, together with Hansjorg Wyss and another businessman, have made an official bid for Chelsea between £2billion and £2.5bn, which remains on the table and is being treated as a serious, realistic proposal.

The other two parties who are being treated as the most serious bidders are the Ricketts family, who own the Chicago Cubs baseball team, and the owner of the New York Jets, Woody Johnson.

:lol: Surely of all the NFL franchise owners you don't want, it's Woody Johnson, given the state of the Jets? And I say that as a Bears fan.