Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle United (13/03/2022)

Mike

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah I personally think it was a clear red, and was immensely snide. It’s one of them that middle class sports writers who have never played will talk about “leverage”, but if you’ve played you know he was snide. The pen is absolutely insane and no hyperbole one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen 

He did burn because the entire first half little Kai was in wor lads pocket. 

3 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Havertz saying because Burn is tall he has to jump like that

In that case because youre fast we can pull your shirt and clip your heels to slow you down.

If he has to jump like that because Burn istall then it means it's deliberate as he's not just jumping naturally for the ball.

Edited by madras

I don't generally buy into the corruption theory but rather inept/incompetent officiating.

For the first time I genuinely can't understand how anything other than bias at best has lead to a situation where that isn't a clear penalty. 

2 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

The thing with the red is that an equivalent amount of force and recklessness with a tackle on the ground would have been a red. Yes you need to use your arms to jump, but it’s your responsibility where your body ends up, and he’s led with his elbow into the head of the opponent in a reckless way. Absolutely should be a red.

I know they are different sports and I am half taking the piss. But that England Rugby player got sent off for an accidental clash of heads, playing a massively violent game. Yet Havertz has delivered the people’s elbow to Dan Burn’s temple in a game of football. The bloke is about 9ft FFS. Why is you arm all the way up there? 

It’s the ‘responsibility’ bit that made me think of the Rugby game yesterday. 

Fucking disgusted by this result. Didn't expect much before the match really, but after being the better team throughout, not having a blatant red given against us, not having a blatant pen given to us, we've been utterly robbed by the ref and VAR, be it from incompetence or corruption, I'm fucking furious!

3 minutes ago, STM said:

By the way, Havertz is class. Reminds me of Suarez for Liverpool technique.

Also reminds me of Suarez. But because he is also a rat faced cunt and a snide with a massively punchable face. 

That pen decision is a shocker. There's no way the ref saw it as he has loads of people Infront of his view. So the var has to then ask him to review. Perfect example of big team bias. 

5 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Can't be more proud of the performance, we play anywhere near this level we will pummel Everton on thursday. :)

Plus shelvey, joelinton, willock and Fraser hopefully all back fit and available.

Huge game and test for both clubs. How do we react, many teams slump once the run is done.

If we manage to win, Everton are in a world of trouble.