Chelsea 1 - 0 Newcastle United (13/03/2022)

Mike

11 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

It's not even a mistake for me it's just blatant cheating, no one can look at that and not say its a penalty never mind some one who is paid to make these decisions. He didn't want to give it against Chelsea simple as that if it was the other way round that would be a Chelsea penalty.

Wouldn't have hesitated and that type of elbow on a Chelsea player, we're down a man. The bias is so blatantly obvious, it's disgusting.

Class reaction as always from Eddie. 

Edited by The Bonk

Guest carpetman1
14 minutes ago, WillingtonMag said:

It's not even a mistake for me it's just blatant cheating, no one can look at that and not say its a penalty never mind some one who is paid to make these decisions. He didn't want to give it against Chelsea simple as that if it was the other way round that would be a Chelsea penalty.

Every player cheats, take a look at a simple thing like a throw in. Both players arms go up, one of them knowing the ball came off them last.  

1 minute ago, carpetman1 said:

Every player cheats, take a look at a simple thing like a throw in. Both players arms go up, one of them knowing the ball came off them last.  

I think he's talking about the ref cheating, not the player.

Look, our name doesn't fit.*

We're not in vogue.

But I tell you what that was as good a performance as any of our wins of recent. The team ravaged by injuries and illness, and we are putting in such resolute and coherent performances honestly warms the soul!

Onwards and upwards lads, I believe you left everything on the field today and if the officiating was a bit better, it could've been a very different story.

Love this club again man[emoji38]

*Said in the style of Steve Bruce.

Edited by NE27

Picked the squad knowing we were very unlikely to win and saving lads for the next two which we most certainly can. Sensible and nigh worked. No complaints at all. This was the only one I’ve been thinking we’d get nowt from over the recent and immediately upcoming games. 

Just now, Mahoneys Tache said:

Picked the squad knowing we were very unlikely to win and saving lads for the next two which we most certainly can. Sensible and nigh worked. No complaints at all. This was the only one I’ve been thinking we’d get nowt from over the recent and immediately upcoming games. 

And even still, that makeshift team put in a very admirable performance!

If that's a free hit team performance man, buckle in [emoji38]

I can’t for the life of me see why that pen wasn’t given. I can understand the ref not giving it with his view but it is absolutely criminal that VAR haven’t given that. The ineptitude of officials in this country is unbelievable. 

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I can’t for the life of me see why that pen wasn’t given. I can understand the ref not giving it with his view but it is absolutely criminal that VAR haven’t given that. The ineptitude of officials in this country is unbelievable. 

It's insane ? 

Hope Chelsea are sold to a guy that just sells all the players and then sells to the ground for real estate!

Also I hope our owners go big in the summer.   Im sick of this 'big 6' shit - time NUFC gatecrashed and kick one of them out.  Preferably Chelsea or Spurs!

2 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

It's insane ? 

If it happened somewhere like Italy, people would be calling it corruption. Far too often do the “big 6” benefit from these decisions. 

Guest neesy111
11 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

To the cunt who stole my ticket from a good pal on the tube amongst half a dozen others and sold them on. You are the scum of the fucking earth.

Jesus christ.

If VAR had asked the ref to take another look at that penalty, I'm sure he'd have changed his mind. The defender kicked him twice, had hold of his shirt, and didn't touch the ball. Let's see what they make of it on MOTD. 

Re Havertz - A lot of the elbowing that goes on with aerial challenges in the professional game is dodgy. It's all too easy to make a deliberate elbow look like you're using the arms to assist the leap. The benefit of the doubt nearly always goes to the offender, but I wonder if we should be a bit like rugby - make players a bit more responsible for their opponent's safety in that situation. 

Guest reefatoon
43 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Chelsea have had a horrible week and the ref didn’t want to make things worse for the poor little souls.

17 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

To the cunt who stole my ticket from a good pal on the tube amongst half a dozen others and sold them on. You are the scum of the fucking earth.

There a way to track this at all? I guess he touted them on the street but if you have the seat details and put out a message on Twitter asking for whoever was in those seats, who they bought them off then you could potentially track the cunt down if they touted them online. I imagine it’s a long shot and more energy than you’d want to expend but I’d be absolutely livid in your shoes

19 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

He wasnt wearing a Celtic shirt with 96 on was he?