Everton vs Newcastle: 17/03/2022 @ 19:45 (Amazon Prime)

Fantail Breeze

1 minute ago, LRD said:

Similar case when you say "touch wood". If you caught Wood's last interview where he did a demo.

No I should definitely give it a look

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

When Edward says touch and go, it usually means the player in question is out mind.

Understood ;)

The positivity on this thread is incredible. It's no time at all since it was about how many we'd lose by. Now we believe we can beat anybody and I love it.

Big thanks to the miracle workers,  Amanda, Eddie and the team

Imagine it will be this tonight. I know people would prefer Joelinton to Longstaff, but Howe has consistently shown caution with injured/ill players. I think he will likely do the same here. ASM is the only other one I wasn't sure on. If he still isn't fully fit I reckon it could be Murphy, which would mean Fraser left, Murphy right.

lineup.png

44 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

The positivity on this thread is incredible. It's no time at all since it was about how many we'd lose by. Now we believe we can beat anybody and I love it.

Big thanks to the miracle workers,  Amanda, Eddie and the team

It’s so refreshing to be looking forward to match day and believing (not hoping) a win is possible. Onwards and upwards :indi:

7 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Given this is on Prime, will it be shown at any pubs? I’ll in Manchester and would love to watch with others/in St Patrick’s day Guinness haze… 

I recommend either the Brotherhood or Box in Manchester city centre - they're sports bars.

I'm nervous.

The team has done a lot to reverse some of my negativity (Brighton/Southampton) but I just feel this is huge for both teams.

We win and I'd say we are 100% safe even if we only picked up some draws here and there. Just hope Howe has kept them grounded and focused on the game and not the event.

Goodison is going to be like a bear pit tonight, and it'll either spur them on or they will wilt. We have to do a job by keeping the crowd tamed but not get swept up in it!

I'm going with a 1-1, and I wouldn't be upset.

13 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'm nervous.

The team has done a lot to reverse some of my negativity (Brighton/Southampton) but I just feel this is huge for both teams.

We win and I'd say we are 100% safe even if we only picked up some draws here and there. Just hope Howe has kept them grounded and focused on the game and not the event.

Goodison is going to be like a bear pit tonight, and it'll either spur them on or they will wilt. We have to do a job by keeping the crowd tamed but not get swept up in it!

Same here. I'd be ecstatic with a win here but it's surely going to be our biggest test so far this year. I really hope we aren't complacent tonight.

One of the best changes Howe has made has been to stop the team lineup making it onto here hours before the game.

How fucking amateur have we been man.

Edited by Sean

46 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'm nervous.

We just took it to the European champions on their patch. Nobody except the Ref and VAR was phased :indi:

51 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Same here. I'd be ecstatic with a win here but it's surely going to be our biggest test so far this year. I really hope we aren't complacent tonight.

How is this our biggest test compared to Chelsea away??

15 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m dreading this one, it’s the one game I really really don’t want us to lose.

my thoughts exactly, really nervous about this, there due a win aren't they? just hope howe can pick the spirits up an  get a result, a win tonight  would be absolutely huge

Edited by GavMcEl

Sounds like Willock will be back, so we should at least be able to go back to a three man midfield, but it's the loss of Joelinton which we are feeling most IMO. Bruno is a straight swap for Shelvey, so that's an upgrade for me, but there's no replacement for Jo's pace and power in the middle.

I'm fairly relaxed. They've been very shit, so have a huge amount to overcome in their own performances.

We on the other hand are very awkward to take on, resolute, difficult to beat and difficult to play against even if we don't play our best. I think we will win, and nerves is more down to how much I'd be gutted if we don't take this good opportunity to punish them.