Everton 1 - 0 Newcastle United (17/03/2022)

Yorkie

A performance like this was always on the cards given the run we have been on, playing 3 away games in a row, and the fact our squad still has such a lack of quality in key areas. 

We have done brilliantly to get ourselves to this position, just need to get to the summer and the rebuild can really begin.

Just now, WillingtonMag said:

Missed Shelvey tonight like have to say second half especially, think he makes our midfield tic.

Everyone keeps saying he's shit though.

I'd rather have him in that deeper position and Bruno a but further up where his passing can be more incisive.

Appalling second half, better team the first half but not sure what the plan was for the second, surprised to see us out fought for every ball in the second.

Thought Willock in particular was appalling throughout and very very lazy, Wood, Almiron, Schar and Krafth also very disappointing.

We've saved Everton and Pickford's season, a massive kick in the teeth and all of a sudden we've lost two in a row and are back to conceding late goals.

We are probably safe but with the games we have left it's not a certainty.

It's a bad day at the office. Stinking result in the circumstances but they've put every single sinew into this run since Christmas, and they've run out of steam at the end of a rotten sequence of aways.

Just got to put it behind us. 

Absolutely fucking shite after a disciplined first half. Totally lost control in the middle after the protestor. Joelinton and Willock were leggy by the end and it showed. So, so poor for the goal, we opened up to allow them to score the only way they could. 

Well thats really frustrating, the game was there to be won, but to be honest i'm giving them benefit of the doubt, the performances and commitment have been incredible for an age, we just got to wrapped up in the emotion of the crowd and the day, which can happen. 

Well that's a bit of a disaster tbh. That could be the boost they need to stay up.

I guess the bigger picture is that we've had three draining away games in a week and we're about 6 pts from safety

Edited by DoricGinola

Long balls pinged up, full panic - The second half was pathetic, it doesnt help that our 25million striker that lived on tap-ins cant move for shit near or in the box at all. This match was there for the taking. But our attacking play in second half was just truly fucking shit.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Nowhere near his fault but his strength is counter attacking football. We can’t always play that way, he needs to adjust a bit.

So frantic. Needs to calm down sometimes.

As good as Howe has been, that was tragic, some terrible decisions.

Wood is fucking horrendous, was prepared to give him a chance but fuck me George Reilly could do a better job and hes probably 104 now.

Think we played into the anxiety and mayhem of it all. They were fucking shit, it was mainly a game of fuck all quality, second balls and zero attacking edge.

Agree we missed Shelvey a little. Thought our wingers and Wood were all utter shit today.

On to the next one, but I hate those fuckers - like watching and listening to a group of kids whistling for 90 fucking minutes in hysteria.

Just now, Robster said:

Genuinely think that 1 win will be enough to give us enough of a break and i'm going to put tonight down to having played 3 away games in 7 days.
Disappointing, like.

The players are out on their feet after a fantastic effort over two months. Won't stop some who have been dying to give them a kicking from doing so now though. 

Guest reefatoon

That was a shit performance in the second half. Nowhere near good enough. Thank fuck for the lengthy break as we look knackered. Still can’t believe how much space we gifted them through the middle for that goal. Fucking dicks.