Newcastle United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers, 8/4/2022 @ 20:00 (Sky)

LRD

Get Wood out of the side play ASM up front, get Fraser back on the left, get Willock dropped as hes fucking shite, have Bruno, Shelvey and J7 as the midfield 3 and bring Krafth back in for Manquillo as he is the more solid defender of the two.

Edited by Tiotes Witch Doctor

1 minute ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Get Wood out of the side play ASM up front, get Fraser back on the left, get Willock dropped as hes fucking shite, have Bruno, Shelvey and J7 as the midfield 3 and bring Krafth back in for Manquillo as he is the more solid defender of the two.

ASM up front is a terrible idea, just look at the Cambridge cup game 

We've only played ASM up top in the league away against the top sides, remember at Anfield it actually worked okay. Just a case of lumping balls in behind for him to use his pace to run onto. Won't work in home games, especially not against a solid Wolves defence who'll sit deep.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Just putting Bruno in for Willock would be enough.

First game in a long time (pre-covid), over for Easter and really looking forward to it! It will be a tight game but as they are missing their striker and two other first teamers it should equal things a little bit.

Hope to see Maxi at full tilt and would love to see chris wood get a goal. bruno will play 100% as jonjo looked well off it on sunday...

34 minutes ago, buzza said:

First game in a long time (pre-covid), over for Easter and really looking forward to it! It will be a tight game but as they are missing their striker and two other first teamers it should equal things a little bit.

Hope to see Maxi at full tilt and would love to see chris wood get a goal. bruno will play 100% as jonjo looked well off it on sunday...

As did the other 9 outfield players btw 

25 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wouldn't have us as firm favourites as the bookies do, there might be a bit if value there.

Wow. Are they missing any key players or something? 11/4 for a Wolves win seems disproportionately high just because we're at home and only three games removed from a great run of form; they themselves are at 3 wins in 4 and still pushing for Europe.

If I was still a betting man I'd at least be taking Wolves DNB at 6/4 to soften the blow if we lose.

They tend to misprice a lot of our games, we went off at 2/1 v Brentford, Villa, Brighton and Everton.

The starting odds seem to have gone the other way here. I guess the loss of Neves and Jiminez along with the amount of chances that they gave up v Leeds and Villa factor in.

That said, they've been excellent on their travels this season, particularly v teams below them in the table.

47 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Bookies don't set the odds based upon the likely result, they set the odds based upon what makes them money. Safe to assume a lot of gamblers think we're going to bounce back in this.

Even incorporating the bookmakers margin, the price still doesn't look right though.

I still don't get the sentiment a lot of people seem to have re Wood. You see it mostly on Twitter but it's start to creep in here as well. There is no way he will (or should) come out of the 11. He isn't scoring goals, but in terms of how we're currently playing he is one of the most important players in the team. Like suggesting dropping Wood and playing Max upfront just boggles my mind when I see it. 

19 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

ASM up front is a terrible idea, just look at the Cambridge cup game 

Just want to see something different, not buying that Wood is such an important player and that we couldn't possibly manage without him, his goal presence is laughable, lets give something else a try.

I feel a lot of the defence of Wood comes from the fact that none of us want to admit that 25 million for him was an absolutely shocking piece of business.

17 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

Just want to see something different, not buying that Wood is such an important player and that we couldn't possibly manage without him, his goal presence is laughable, lets give something else a try.

I feel a lot of the defence of Wood comes from the fact that none of us want to admit that 25 million for him was an absolutely shocking piece of business.

I’m not defending him, he’s been poor more since scoring which is strange. However I am absolutely certain playing ASM up top against the back 3 of wolves would be a waste of him and see us spend most of the game in our own half 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not defending him, he’s been poor more since scoring which is strange. However I am absolutely certain playing ASM up top against the back 3 of wolves would be a waste of him and see us spend most of the game in our own half 

You may well be right, I'm not a massive lover of the idea tbh, just really want to see things freshened up in the final third, is Gayle too far gone to be given a chance? I don't rate him but he offers something a bit different to Wood.

I do think Wood has been really important to the shape of the team, particularly off the ball where he'll start the press or drop in if someone is out of position.

I know his goal threat has been minimal, but the alternatives are i) start Gayle ii) play ASM put of his most effective position.