Newcastle United vs Wolverhampton Wanderers, 8/4/2022 @ 20:00 (Sky)

LRD

1 hour ago, LV said:

Willocks out isn’t he?

Is he?

if so I’d put Shelvey next Bruno and move Joelinton to Willock’s spot.

However I don’t do this for a living so Eddie Howe may have a different view :-D

22 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Is he?

if so I’d put Shelvey next Bruno and move Joelinton to Willock’s spot.

However I don’t do this for a living so Eddie Howe may have a different view :-D

Apparently he’s facing a late fitness test now so he might start. Or be a sub. 

16 hours ago, Mike said:
On 06/04/2022 at 23:50, Beren said:

Need wor Gutierrez back for this like. Scored all of his goals vs these :lol:

Need to watch his season saving goal vs West Ham now. :weep:

That goal cost me £4000 :rant:

Not that I don't think we are safe already but I'd like to be mathematically out of reach before Burnley last game of season.

A win puts us 10pts clear of Burnley and back up to 14th. That would have me much more relaxed as I can't see Burnley or Everton averaging a point a game for the rest of season. 

These next 4 games are entirely winnable and the next 3 being at home is a bonus.

37 minutes ago, Aiston said:

Wolves are going to absolutely hammer us if we play a high line against them, like we did Spurs.

Totally. The closer we get to kick off the more convinced I am that we should just play 3 cb's like we did against Chelsea and just embrace the dour 0-0 draw. I think they'd take that if you offered it to them. 

It's an interesting tactical match up. Matching them up would nullify their wing backs, but an extra man in the middle could be advantageous.

Everton, Spurs, Brentford and Villa are the only four home sides to match up with a back three and Wolves won all four of those games.

Edited by The Prophet

21 hours ago, ManDoon said:

Agree to disagree, I don’t want to find the stats, but he can not hold the ball

up. He will win headers to nobody, so we still cede the ball. Carroll was better. And I’m not being contrarian  

If I was being VERY generous to Wood I'd say maybe he's been told to flick the ball on as high up the pitch as possible, into the corners or whatever to give the rest of the team that little bit of time to push up and press... 

Seems like a daft plan but I'm grasping at straws trying to think of any reason he plays the way he does.

First time back at SJP since May 2018 tonight when I sacked my season ticket off. Think I did a few away games the following season after that, but the way Rafa was ‘backed’ that summer was the final nail in the coffin. 

Looking forward to being there again. Shame the Rona is doing the rounds as prevalent as it is. Haven’t been ‘out out’ in two and a bit years (due to being a carer for my mam) quite concerned but YOLO. 

59 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Flew back from New York overnight via Amsterdam, absolutely knackered. Still, crisp evening under the SJP lights to wake me up :clap2:

Nice to see people travelling from all over again to get back to SJP.

I have travel and hotel booked (non refundable) for Liverpool game, but no ticket yet. Coming whatever...

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Flew back from New York overnight via Amsterdam, absolutely knackered. Still, crisp evening under the SJP lights to wake me up :clap2:

Look at me, look at me, jet setting around the world, fucking pathetic…

Hope you enjoyed NY btw!