sunderland

Big River

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Fighting each other over on the Newcastle thread. :lol: 

Some have conceded that we're probably going to just get better and better as time goes on. This mindset obviously makes others on there fuming and those people have to try and convince others that it's still all bad for "the terrorists."

1 hour ago, Northerngimp said:

"magcatcherhutch"

I have visions of a fewmin mackem racing round chicken town if a clapped out Ford Sierra with a CB aerial on top hunting local mags. 

More Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’s childcatcher/Michael Jackson’s dark side for me… 

7E5D563D-F4E3-4D4C-BFC4-E3B542BA82EB.jpeg.017947f11fd2233b2fa6a6958ea76538.jpeg

On 21/10/2022 at 15:42, Wolfcastle said:

I dont think I've ever seen anyone be completely shut up, defeated, broken and conceding utter defeat to a single retort yet mackems, of all people, manage regularly and without ever losing the sort of concession to one's betters in jousting debate that's usually confined to Dickens.

all the time

"Had some huge lump who supports sours come in my work last year, about 10 year older than me. I mentioned Bill Nicholson (their double winning manager in 69 I think and a legend for them lot) he looked at me like I was daft and said "never heard of the cxnut" I just shook me head and walked off."

They used to get very excited, giddy really, at the idea of Keegan getting the England job when Taylor got sacked.  Sir Bobby too.

I've twice made the mistake of things going well for us letting them off the hook through lack of interest. The second time under Sir Bobby despite how they made so much hay at finishing above us and beating us for the first time in a generation. Their finishing above us was by about 4points, twice, whilst we were finishing more than entire divisions ahead of them for years either side of that.

Wont make that mistake again.

Edited by Jonas

Handling today’s events well over there then…..the quote below is their new reality in a nutshell. [emoji38]

‘’I’m at the point now where I outright refuse to discuss football with the mags.

They were unbearable at the best of times. Never mind now, as they do have a decent team which they’ll build on as they have unlimited financial backing. Sadly the inevitable is going to happen unfortunately.

I’m just thankfully that I work from home most days as I couldn’t be arsed listening to that lot everyday of the week”

Reality is hitting home hard (apart from the usual section of bitter cunts). Quite a few (to be fair) on there are seeing the genuine progress being made and that genuine building blocks are now in place. I honestly couldn't think of anything worse (footballing wise) if the roles were reversed. 

Edited by et tu brute

5 hours ago, OpenC said:

Still trying to convince each other that they'd go and support Tow Law if they got bought out by anyone who wasn't verifiably saintly :lol: couldn't look the bairns in the eyes marra

I mean, it's literally all they've got and it is a reasonable lifeline to cling to. It's just that they're all lying twats, they'd be ower the fucking knot if it was them 

Tow Law play in black and white stripes.The Sad Mackem Bastards would probably wear their red and white shirts in protest.

4 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Standards already slipped when they stopped using Gaycastle in the titles.

To paraphrase Stewart Lee, if the KSA takeover has achieved one thing, it’s to make sunderland supporters cloak their inherent bigotry behind more creative language

You can really sense the desolation and doom over there now. The unfortunate thing for them is that we are still only at a very early stage. The faux outrage is not being discussed half as much as usual this last week. Also noted that it's not only the 20 or so 'outragers' posting, there are quite a few occasional posters also giving views. Of course it's still mainly we won't win anything being spouted. 

5 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You can really sense the desolation and doom over there now. The unfortunate thing for them is that we are still only at a very early stage. The faux outrage is not being discussed half as much as usual this last week. Also noted that it's not only the 20 or so 'outragers' posting, there are quite a few occasional posters also giving views. Of course it's still mainly we won't win anything being spouted. 

Yeah, I noticed that too.  Some seem to be in the resigned / acceptance stage already.  Probably best for their mental health.

Ironically, the only two places in the world (where football is discussed at any rate - I'm not suggesting that little old ladies in Ulaanbaatar are debating this) which probably still think the odds are better that NUFC continue their trophy-free spell are Newcastle and Sunderland.  Newcastle because, well, we're pretty used to disappointment and don't want to get our hopes up too much - and Sunderland, where the desperation is driving these thoughts.  Everyone else seems to pretty much think success is nailed on in the coming years.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

12 minutes ago, Sima said:

Rokerparkpies over there taking it really well…

Aye another bellend spouting shite about getting a certificate or some random garbage for when we won the Fairs Cup, I think the silly person is confusing it with the Intertoto Cup. But anyway, nothing we have ever won or will win counts, because ermmm just ermmm because marra ? 

11 hours ago, Danh1 said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/spurs-v-nufc-kick-off-1630-sky-sports-main-eventsky-sports-premier-leaguesky-sports-ultra-hdr.1592230/page-26#post-37099871

Admire the honesty but wow, how sad? 

I actually feel sorry for them. They’re struggling big time and it’s only phase 1. :lol: 

Arguing that it’s not even a good league but getting called out would they not want to be there.

4 hours ago, Cattletrucked said:

Aye another bellend spouting shite about getting a certificate or some random garbage for when we won the Fairs Cup, I think the silly person is confusing it with the Intertoto Cup. But anyway, nothing we have ever won or will win counts, because ermmm just ermmm because marra ? 

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/fairs-cup-newcastle-united-the-1969-fairs-cup-win-and-the-50th-anniversary-in-2019-etc.2177948/unread

1969 European Fairs Cup Winners (2).jpg

I've read some shite on there but this 1 is up there with the best.

They've doing well tbf but I wonder if any of the mags have the intelligence to recognise the foundations that were laid by Ashley. Most of the decent players were signed under him and they were an easy club to take over because of the financial stability they had under him. The club certainly weren't dead or "on life support" because of him as they'd all have us believing.

[emoji38]