sunderland

Big River

So their new manager has had two seasons in the hot seat in Lique 1 with L’orient. Narrowly avoiding relegation first time, finishing 16th (8 wins, -28 gd) and then relegated in 17th (7 wins, -23 gd). I’d find it hard to get excited about this one, if I was a Sunderland supporter. 

16 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

A sunland flag with FTM on it !  Well that's never happened before [emoji38]

doesnt piss me off as much as some of our fans with SMB on their toon flags.

so small time.

Impossible to be negative about it as I've got absolutely no idea who he is or what he's done. I've read he got his team relegated last season and their fans are apparently delighted he's going. Bodes well :lol:

26 minutes ago, midds said:

Impossible to be negative about it as I've got absolutely no idea who he is or what he's done. I've read he got his team relegated last season and their fans are apparently delighted he's going. Bodes well :lol:

Hope the style of football was rancid too, the boos will be amazing before September 

Their “wearing a Newcastle top in Sunderland” thread is a crease. It reads like a Bob Mortimer comedy sketch… 

Intense debate about the percentage of people in Birtley who wear a Toon shirt 

Disbelief that a toon shirt was spotted in Hetton

Threats of retribution after a 50 year old mag had words with a 10 year old lass wearing a Sunlun training kit

Frenzied outrage that a dad with his family at Roker beach had his top off and NUFC tattoos on display 

Rapture that a massive lads fan got on the metro at Central in an SAFC tracksuit top 

Edited by bobbydazzla

15 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Their “wearing a Newcastle top in Sunderland” thread is a crease. It reads like a Bob Mortimer comedy sketch… 

Threats of retribution after a 50 year old mag had words with a 10 year old lass wearing a Sunlun training kit

Frenzied outrage that a dad with his family at Roker beach had his top off and NUFC tattoos on display 

Rapture that a massive lads fan got on the metro at Central in an SAFC tracksuit top 

I can't even comprehend feeling anger at a mackem in Newcastle city centre wearing Sunderland kit. Instead I'd just find it a mix of funny and sad that a presumed adult has done that thinking they're achieving something in some way. 

Same for Newcastle fans doing it in Sunderland. It's not hard, it's just pathetic but crack on I guess? 

Plus even if you manage to do it safely, all you've proven is that you're an antagonistic prick but the other city is quite tolerant and bereft of dickheads, which isn't the win you think it is.

Just odd behaviour all round.

Edited by Chris_R

13 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Go out somewhere in the close season. 

More Mackem tops than Newcastle = "see, Sun'lun has more fans and are more passionate.......ftm"

More Newcastle tops than Mackem = "fuckin pathetic, grown blokes in tops when there's not even a match on, embarrassing........ftm"

Of course no mention of the families that go direct from the club shop fully kitted out to Ponteland Airport proudly displaying their new Sunlin attire. Must be an exception for that.

I'd imagine if Sunlin had an airport (unlikely of course) and anyone of a black and white persuasion had cause to go there it would be sad as fuck if anyone wore a toon top there.

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

I know what you mean. There's stuff on there that you cant believe is legit and must be fishing, smoking them out, provoking bizarre comments.

There's a concept that we started referring to ourselves as "Toon" because of them and doubled-down on it when they became a city and some jealousy was involved at our end somehow despite having been a city for 100years. Someone saying they went to both Sunderland's European away games and have you ever seen a Mag in Lisbon or Budapest (we've played at least six times in those citys) and Look North has deliberately been showing Sunderland in a bad light for years and promoting Newcastle.

It would honestly work as a parody

Edited by Wolfcastle

Seems widely accepted on RTG that the Seagull Wanker is a Mag. You’d think they’d chase him out of town given he lives on Rover Avenue and must be able to see both Roker Park and The SOL from his bedroom window. Could’ve had a few Seagulls around during matches having a tug. 

Given how many threads they have about wind milling Mags it’s all a bit baffling.