sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 14/02/2023 at 19:13, LFEE said:

This looks better than anything I see floating around at SJP…

Better than the 3 year old reheated Balti fart pies Mike Ashley used to pick out of the bins to sell every home game. 

More nuts than wanting local rivals to be promoted?

I didn't want better Newcastle sides than this to play them. What's to gain for us anyway but especially when every game is important again to us now?

Aside from the fact nearly every one has been a bad game.

-

The mackems did that in Washington which actually is 50/50 (or was) when they got to a final.  I say was because some shop fronts already looked like that before we'd reached a final. Takes me back to the 90s

Edited by Wolfcastle

9 minutes ago, Holloway said:

???

It doesn’t matter how good we are or how shit they are.  I was 26 years old the first time we lost away to the Mackems in my lifetime, and weve comfortably won the majority of games during that time.  But that means nowt.  Derbies are anxiety-fuel and complete nightmares until kickoff.  I can never sleep the night before.  Winning is a relief rather than a joy.  They can fucking stay right where they are as far as I’m concerned. 

I want them back in League One, never mind the PL, and would happily never play them again.

As shit as they usually are when in the top league, it's killing their frail little egos not even being able to play in it, and its also hurting them that they don't even have the opportunity to take us on. The longer they stay out of the PL, the smaller they get as a club. And they know it.

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It doesn’t matter how good we are or how shit they are.  I was 26 years old the first time we lost away to the Mackems in my lifetime, and weve comfortably won the majority of games during that time.  But that means nowt.  Derbies are anxiety-fuel and complete nightmares until kickoff.  I can never sleep the night before.  Winning is a relief rather than a joy.  They can fucking stay right where they are as far as I’m concerned. 

Not the same for me at all. I have been to several,and absolutely love them. The online stuff is sometimes a bit hard to stomach, but I come from a town that had a fair few fans of theirs,some of them my oldest mates. They've piped down a bit after the 6 in a row ,and we owe them a fucking good howking

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Not the same for me at all. I have been to several,and absolutely love them. The online stuff is sometimes a bit hard to stomach, but I come from a town that had a fair few fans of theirs,some of them my oldest mates. They've piped down a bit after the 6 in a row ,and we owe them a fucking good howking

Yeah, fair enough - we have very different constitutions for these matches!

On a general note - the second division is fucking bizarre atm.  The Mackems are 5th but they’re closer to the team in 24th than the team who are top in terms of points.  

30 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They're doing great tbf to them. Diallo, Clarke and Roberts seem to be bossing it. Still funny that their best season in ages would be our worst in 31 years though.

Centre half and GK are decent as well.

Have we gone fucking mental here? They have a bunch of unproven kids piss-farting around the play-off spots, we have Bruno, Isak, Wilson, Gordon, Almiron, Joe, ASM off the bench, imagine their 1st division defenders coping with this?

And their kids up front trying to take on Botman, Tripps, Burn and Schar? Theyd get lifted politely to one side and told to go and play. I'd fucking love to play the mackems right now, the royal fisting they would get would be hilarious.

12 hours ago, bhoywhonder said:

Have we gone fucking mental here? They have a bunch of unproven kids piss-farting around the play-off spots, we have Bruno, Isak, Wilson, Gordon, Almiron, Joe, ASM off the bench, imagine their 1st division defenders coping with this?

And their kids up front trying to take on Botman, Tripps, Burn and Schar? Theyd get lifted politely to one side and told to go and play. I'd fucking love to play the mackems right now, the royal fisting they would get would be hilarious.

They couldn’t even beat Fulham’s reserves , that’s show how far away they are from even being a bad premier league team.

My nerves about wanting to play sunderland have nothing to do with the likely result - I'm far more worried that one or more of our best players would get seriously hurt by is it O'Nien? or one of their other cloggers who'd get caught up in the "pashun" of a derby.

They'd have a full house of baying Neanderthals screaming at them to "get stuck in" and it could be unpleasant.

I just don't really want them in the Premier League. Their litter filled eyesore of a ground and the projectile chucking, racist, mouth breathers that attend it are a shit stain on the pants of the North-East. No one should ever have to set foot there. 

Edited by The Prophet