sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Are most Sunderland fans like they are on RTG? I'm from the states so I haven't met many but the way they act on RTG is unlike any fanbase I've ever seen. 

They come off like scorned children whenever a result doesn't go their way. They believe the entire police force aswell as the media are mags working only to destroy their club and from what I can tell, despise every human on the face of the planet; including themselves. 

A few of them seem normal but a large part are seriously unhinged when their team is faced with any type of adversity. 

9 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Endless complaints about us singing '2-0 to the Saudi boys' as well. No acknowledgment that it was probably a rebuff to the home fans' 'no noise from the Saudi boys'.

I mean, unless that's something we've started singing but I've never heard it (didn't yesterday either tbf)

We have sang it before, and it’s shit and should stop. A genuine shame if we sang it yesterday. 

Just now, Hovagod said:

We have sang it before, and it’s shit and should stop. A genuine shame if we sang it yesterday. 

It has always been in response to the opposing fans “no noise, from the Saudi Boys.”

But aye. I’m not chanting that, either. 

2 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

Are most Sunderland fans like they are on RTG? I'm from the states so I haven't met many but the way they act on RTG is unlike any fanbase I've ever seen. 

They come off like scorned children whenever a result doesn't go their way. They believe the entire police force aswell as the media are mags working only to destroy their club and from what I can tell, despise every human on the face of the planet; including themselves. 

A few of them seem normal but a large part are seriously unhinged when their team is faced with any type of adversity. 

Absolutely not

4 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

The Sunderland fans I have as friends are nowt like them.

Edited by Sima

There's a proporition of them fixated on Newcastle first and foremost and their orientation towards Sunderland is based around that. The type that only go or care about derbies or cup finals and tend not to go from my experience at work and school.

The majority that go or went regularly that I've encountered aren't RTG-esque and would  probably distance themselves from it.

The nextdoor neighbour is RTG esque unfortunately. Only been known to celebrate (literally had a party) beating us and celebrate Man United beating us in the cup final.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I think I see their situation as similar to us with Mike Ashley and their owner is hoodwinking their fans with what they're describing as a 'project' when actually they just want to make a profit

Our fans were excited by exciting signings from France like Cabaye, Sissoko etc possibly thinking that the owner wanted to bring some success to the club but it was all a case of buy cheap sell at a huge profit. Sunderland's strategy seems to be the same of buying young players and their fans and PR believe this will get them to the promise land of the Premier League playing great football. I've no doubt their owner's goal is to get to the PL because of the huge riches but he's trying to do it on the cheap and won't be afraid to sell their prize assets if it means he doesn;t have to put his own money into the club.

The stuff this week with the decorating of the stadium is similar to Ashley renaming SJP. Just anything to make money - they don't care about history, rivalry etc the only thing they're interested in is making money. Then the owner hides behind club statements, just like Mike Ashley

A manager who has the respect of the players/fans who refused to just be a "yes man" is sacked for someone who is desperate for a job so will bend over backwards to toe the party line. Mowbray for Beale has a lot of similarities of Hughton to Pardew. Plus anyone who has watched Sunderland under Mowbray and Beale can see that Beale hasn't changed anything in terms of style of play or personnel. It's just replacing someone who was being difficult for the owners to handle with a yes man who needed a job

I think it's obvious to get out of the Championship is you need a proven goalscorer but this costs money which their owner seems to refuse to pay for. They get loans from PL clubs or unknowns from foreign teams. He's seen his team get to the playoffs relying on wingers like Amad and Clarke and therefore thinks he doesn't need to replace the obvious elephant in the room in that they've got strikers who can score. They got rid of their best one for a profit to Southampton - he was willing to sell him to Stoke too, a club who are on a level standing with Sunderland, all to make a profit. Similarly Mike Ashley didn't break our transfer record until Almiron which was what about 11/12 years after we boguht Michael Owen? Our strikers were often loans or cheapies - Ba, Remy, Carroll, Rondon. Only the potential riches of the Champions League forced him to sign Cisse and the potential of a disastrous relegation to bring in Gouffran, Yanga Mbiwa etc

Rivalries aside, I have sympathy for their fans who may still believe in their 'project' but also those who can see what is happening to their club. Sometimes you have to be removed from the situation to see it. Plenty of our fans didn't notice until well into the Ashley era.

Thankfully we seem to have owners now who are trying to run a club to succeed rather than make a profit like the previous one. However we did suffer for years with an owner who only cared about money and there's a degree of sympathy for any club that goes through this. As fans we don't care about profit, we just want to see our team try to suceed

Any team can lose to a Premier League club in a cup match. They're obviously disappointed they didn't put up a huge fight. But the thing that seems to have irked them the most is that their owner has bent over backwards for us just to make some extra cash and those that were still behind the owner are now seeing through him.

Edited by joeyt

29 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

On RTG they’ve also been blaming local politicians Kim “Mag”uinness and “Saudi” Chi Onwura for their derby loss 

Unhinged is a massive understatement 

47 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just can’t help themselves can they :(

f5895c07-57f8-4c74-b8ba-7730d644e45e.thumb.jpeg.02a16baacbb1ba6282bb848b5ee8e68c.jpeg

Reacting to yesterday exactly like I expected them to.

Drawing us in the cup has absolutely ruined them.  From the North stand allocation, to the black cats bar, to the game on the pitch, bringing their ownership and short comings into focus, squabbles amongst fans re an alleged “flag display”.  

Until this last week I really saw this game as an unwelcome coincidence given the fixtures we've had thrown at us this season to date. However, it could turn out to be the much required springboard we need. It has been quite the opposite for them though, they've pushed the big red button and gone bat shit crazy.

I don't think they're that bad as a Championship outfit. Could see them being around the playoffs by the end of the season again. They just had some poor decision making and the formation was a bit shite imo. Thought we should have kept the ball down and played more intricate football earlier in the first half. Instead we just seemed to play 60 yard passes with little room in behind and it wasn't working. Simple 1-2s were pulling them apart because of their formation.

Not sure why they got rid of Mowbray tbh.

Everything is in disarray now though seemingly. Fans turning on fans. Fans turning on the owners. Fans not sure of the new manager. Nothing pulling in the same direction. They need to bury this game fast and regroup or they'll simply slide away down the Championship and into further irrelevance.

Edited by Heron

2 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Just can’t help themselves can they :(

f5895c07-57f8-4c74-b8ba-7730d644e45e.thumb.jpeg.02a16baacbb1ba6282bb848b5ee8e68c.jpeg

I looked at his previous posts last night, full of vile homophobic & dreadful shite. Hope he gets named & shamed sooner rather than later.