sunderland appoint a new head coach

Big River

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, The Fountain said:

Out of order, it's an England game FFS. Leave club stuff out of it 

Happens every time at club grounds. Naive to not expect it at SJP. I remember Andros Townsend getting ridiculous amounts of abuse at the SoL in an England shirt because he played for us. Even at Wembley there was a good few years where Man Utd players would get targeted.

Ultimately people think more of their club team than they do of England (generally speaking) so it will always happen.

Edited by Wallsendmag

9 hours ago, The Fountain said:

Out of order, it's an England game FFS. Leave club stuff out of it 

I think he went too far by showing a little bit of his bare arse, however it works both ways. If you are there for England, you can’t complain about someone taking the piss out of the club you support if you are taking a flag with your clubs badge on it.

Also this shirt thing. Aye you saw Newcastle tops, I also saw plenty of Man Utd, and Liverpool tops, one person even decked out full kit wanker in Liverpool stuff, Sunderland fans with their new Hummel jackets etc. Shirts cost a fucking fortune these days. Can people, or families afford to buy an England top that will likely only be used for a 1 month tournament on top of their clubs colours? In that case what else are you going to wear to a football match, of course you are wearing a football top. I wonder if the mackems having a go at our fans wearing our tops are also offended that the Bosnians had a young kid in with them who had a Newcastle shirt on as well?

Stephen Robinson looks like he could be their next manager, I'm reliably informed he's a very average manager that would probably work under any conditions they set him.

They're off on their Newcastle fans wearing full kits again sad twats. 

I work very close to the ground, and can confirm this to be true. Very, very often see families where the mam and dad are wearing them, then their kids are in full kit. I'd go so far as to say that I used to like Newcastle as a city, but since the takeover by the saudis it's turned into a football and newcastle united only city. It's literally everywhere you turn. There's murals everywhere, windows painted on hairdressers and student flats and shops and bars and restaurants. It's actually a bit spooky, they have all genuinely been brainwashed since 2021.

I've been to town today and this this absolute bollocks, saw two NUFC shirts, (not full kit) a Spanish national team one and a Boro top (strange)  As its Newcastle only seeing two tops is a bit disappointing 

45 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

I've been to town today and this this absolute bollocks, saw two NUFC shirts, (not full kit) a Spanish national team one and a Boro top (strange)  As its Newcastle only seeing two tops is a bit disappointing 

I was at the RVI yesterday, lovely sunny day, perfect for shorts and shirts. Saw two or three times as many Bosnian shirts (about twenty) as Newcastle one's. What rotten luck. Must have been the one day or the one time of day there wasn't families of people in full Newcastle kits loitering around.

I think their rattledness about people in our shirts is because they take it like gloating, which is telling.

56 minutes ago, Choppy Chop Chop said:

How embarrassing, Newcastle united murals in Newcastle city centre.

I've always lamented the fact that we don't all actively hate our football club & city centre as much as our neighbours in SR1.

Fwiw I think that kid wiping his arse on the Blunderland flag was shan patter. 

Every England game there's loads of (shit) flags from all over the country. So what? 

Also, to me, it looks like the owners of aforementioned flag are lasses or, at least, the people sitting adjacent to it are lasses. 

Kids either a coward or lacks class or both. 

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Hope you weren't the fella on the roof

Just looked that up, was there all morning too, didnt notice anything.

Miss all the action me. Blokes on roof tops in stand offs with police, full kit families that apparently plague the area

13 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Embarrassing. 110 days to get to that list. Christ. Another decade outside the top flight beckons. 

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Flashbacks of playing Tranmere in the late 90s with Challinor, that and being known for a long throw in is peak sunlun

He was playing in that infamous FA Cup game when Tranmere brought on a sub for a player who had been sent off

Peter Reid was raging

12 minutes ago, joeyt said:

He was playing in that infamous FA Cup game when Tranmere brought on a sub for a player who had been sent off

Peter Reid was raging

Lol, forgot about this, hilarious ;D

Robinson?.......surely they'd want Tommy Robinson, at least he's got EPL experience!......oh hang read that wrong it's EDL experience.....the bag of shit

In fairness Robinson has St Mirren playing very well with a 5th place finish and in to Europe. Still, I imagine it’ll be an underwhelming appointment 

Just now, Mag_in_NZ said:

Robinson?.......surely they'd want Tommy Robinson, at least he's got EPL experience!......oh hang read that wrong it's EDL experience.....the bag of shit

I know a lad that played under him at Morecambe, he said he was without doubt the dumbest, thick heeded manager he'd ever worked under, he said he was like a thick Dave Bassett.

26 minutes ago, Ben said:

I know a lad that played under him at Morecambe, he said he was without doubt the dumbest, thick heeded manager he'd ever worked under, he said he was like a thick Dave Bassett.

Makes me want to lookup if that Sheff Utd documentary is streaming anywhere, and if I'd view it differently with adult eyes.