sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Not so sure this is outlandish as it seems, the bloke at Sunderland previously worked at Birmingham and was credited with their youth set up. He possibly even signed Bellingham up at Birmingham in the first instance. 

Birmingham are a fucking mess at the minute and if the mackems come up they might be considering them. It’s worth remembering the age of this kid and similarly with Jude he probably wants guaranteed 1st team football despite his age. He wouldn’t get that at a PL club, so if he wants a stepping stone his family may trust the guy at Sunderland now with his development.

That being said I have read previously that he’s considered better than Jude at his age, if that’s the case I would expect a PL club to step in and agree to loan him out for 1st team football.

Edited by Whitley mag

1 hour ago, Decky said:

Think these get put out tonight. With ease too. Can see 3 or 4-0 for Wednesday. 

I think Alex Neil is a really savvy manager. I liked him when he was at Hamilton and performed miracles there. I've got a bad feeling he's going to do the business tonight.

This reminds me of May 16, 1990, and a train journey from Aberdeen, a 2-0 defeat in (as I recall) pouring rain, and then possibly a train journey back again (or may have gone to my mum's).

Probably the worst I've ever felt at a football match (and that includes Newcastle 0, Spurs 4 at half-time in the Seventies).

4 minutes ago, ToonTom said:

I think Alex Neil is a really savvy manager. I liked him when he was at Hamilton and performed miracles there. I've got a bad feeling he's going to do the business tonight.

This reminds me of May 16, 1990, and a train journey from Aberdeen, a 2-0 defeat in (as I recall) pouring rain, and then possibly a train journey back again (or may have gone to my mum's).

Probably the worst I've ever felt at a football match (and that includes Newcastle 0, Spurs 4 at half-time in the Seventies).

He's definitely got them hard to beat. Watched a bit of L1 this season and these, Sheff Wed and MK are the better football teams. Not that anyone's set the bar high tbf.

That final (either v MK,) would've been a half decent football match. 

Wycombe proved last night, tho, that they're resilient. 

Fat lady ain't singing yet. 

Bit off topic, but just reading on BBC Football about Citeh apparently about to buy Haaland for £60m plus endless fees plus endless wages. How do they fund that with FFP? They bought Grealish for £100m last summer. How can they not fall foul of the rules with these kind of crazy outlays?

Just asking for my friend Mandy.

12 minutes ago, ToonTom said:

Bit off topic, but just reading on BBC Football about Citeh apparently about to buy Haaland for £60m plus endless fees plus endless wages. How do they fund that with FFP? They bought Grealish for £100m last summer. How can they not fall foul of the rules with these kind of crazy outlays?

Just asking for my friend Mandy.

This season they sold Torres for £50m, last year they sold Sane for £50m+, plus they are sponsored £68m per year for their stadium from Etihad. Plus the commercial revenue stream is the largest source of revenue for Manchester City. In 2020/2021, the football club earned approximately 308.2 million euros from sponsorship, merchandising, stadium tours and other commercial operations.

10 minutes ago, Manxst said:

This season they sold Torres for £50m, last year they sold Sane for £50m+, plus they are sponsored £68m per year for their stadium from Etihad. Plus the commercial revenue stream is the largest source of revenue for Manchester City. In 2020/2021, the football club earned approximately 308.2 million euros from sponsorship, merchandising, stadium tours and other commercial operations.

Ah - I'll let my friend Mandy know!

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, ToonTom said:

Ah - I'll let my friend Mandy know!

Cheers.

No worries. Tell her I wish her luck trying to get £50m for any player we want to let go. And to pull her finger out on getting the mega sponsorship deals signed! 

Interesting night ahead involving the seat-shitting Pedo worshipers, but I reckon they’ll get the job done. Alex Neil has made them defensively sound and hard to beat. They’ve had all the luck they need up the other end with jammy goals, but you need to keep them out the other end to avail of that at the same time. I think they’ll hold out and get another jammy goal if they need it.

As for the final, it’s totally up in the air. Wycombe much like the scruffs have rarely conceded more than one goal in the last 2.5 months and they have experience on their side. An impossible final to predict.

They will go through tonight I reckon. Then its the battle of the two shithousers in the final. 90 minutes of the footballing dark arts. Not exactly the beautiful game.

I've backed sheff Wed to be the play off winner since about February, I can't stop now, though the 1st leg was very disappointing. 

Mackems were well up for it though. If they get to the final they really need to knock trafalgar square shite on the head and save themselves for the big day, they really can make the difference. They won't though. It's all about perceived support rather than actual.

3 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Wednesday seem to be favourites across all bookies.

Favourites for the match, circa evens, but not the tie.

'To qualify' is generally 1/2 Sunderland, 6/4 Sheff Wed.