sunderland in the EFL

Big River

On 05/09/2023 at 11:23, pinkeye said:

If these last three results of ours were viewed in isolation across an entire season then I do not think anyone on either side of the North East cultural divide would raise an eyebrow but, because they came consecutively at the same time as Sun'lun made two consecutive wins then some of our fans fall into panic mode and some of theirs get super confident.

I hate losing but, I can understand that we will lose games across a season.  We have time to put things right and those dopes have plenty of time to fuck it right up!

Quite frankly, it is fucking mental to make a comparison or to give a shit if anyone else does. 

12 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Quite frankly, it is fucking mental to make a comparison or to give a shit if anyone else does. 

I think it is OK to compare the same games from the season before with the season current, it is a good way to measure progress.

I agree it is mental to compare our results and those from a team from a league below though!

We lost at City last season, Liverpool beat us at home and we got a point at Brighton.

We did really well at City this year and only just lost, albeit I think they had another gear to go into if it was necessary.

Liverpool was a disaster and we should have beaten them.

Brighton was a poor performance from our side.

Like I said originally - we have plenty of time to put things right and we will.

15 hours ago, Pilko said:

Thick bastards have got nowt to do but talk about our ownership all day and night because there's absolutely fuck all of interest happening in their club or city as usual. Bang average Championship side overseen by a mumbling old gadgey in a stadium with more crisp packets on the pitch than supporters in the crowd. Shit hole of a city with no tourism, nothing about it and full of troglodytes who bleat on about how terrible the mags are because they can't bear living in our shadow. Highlight of their year is wearing their new red and white rag from the club shop to Ponteland Airport before their 6 night all inclusive in Benidorm.

They'll hark back to the monsoon game and 6 in a row (conveniently ignoring the fact they knowingly played a paedophile in most of the games) and bang on about how they are much classier than we are and how the rest of the country likes them better than us (conveniently ignoring the fact that anyone visiting Sunderland as an away fan or indeed a player chooses to stay in Newcastle) because it's all they have to keep them going.

keep banging on about our Saudi ownership lads, it'll drown out the sound of the Champions League music and our hoardes of fans celebrating.

Absolutely nailed-it!

I can’t wait for the complete and utter fewm a week on Tuesday! 

3 hours ago, Paully said:

Absolutely nailed-it!

Just wait until the next group game when they are all supporting PSG.

This will be justified because Qatar's human rights abuses are not as bad as Saudi Arabia's.  There is a line, marra.

Wonder how many of them are going up to St James park tonight to protest against Saudi Arabia. Just with them being completely outraged with everything Saudi, surely this is the perfect opportunity for them to get their point across.. 

Edited by Scoot

7 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

See these cunts are piping up about 'not able to sell out Milan' etc. 

Thick as mince. 

Makem at work was going on about it this morning. Any petty little point scoring exercise is all they've got.

57 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bloody hell selling out Milan away with no chartered flights from Newcastle due to short notice is some going in reality.

A problem these lads won’t ever have to worry about.

Gutted we sold out Milan. Would much rather we failed to sell out at Coventry. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Bloody hell selling out Milan away with no chartered flights from Newcastle due to short notice is some going in reality.

A problem these lads won’t ever have to worry about.

Yeah but their narrative is that there's multiple direct flights from Woolsington to Milan every day, so no excuse for the tickets to sell out instantly.

Or at least that's what I heard earlier.

So your club comes nowhere near selling out an away game 3hours drive away at Coventry and a week later you feel emboldened to have a go at your rivals for selling out more tickets for Milan away just not instantly.

What next, getting worked up at people wearing your rivals shirts in areas historically populated by people that support your rivals or the north run being held where its always been held again this year?

Edited by Jonas

18 hours ago, bigfella said:

Yeah but their narrative is that there's multiple direct flights from Woolsington to Milan every day, so no excuse for the tickets to sell out instantly.

Or at least that's what I heard earlier.

Obviously getting confused with Benidorm and Milan, easy mistake when you don’t have an airport and your teams not played in Europe for decades.

Edited by Whitley mag

On 08/09/2023 at 09:33, Paully said:

Absolutely nailed-it!

I’ve never understood how they think everyone loves and respects them for being “classy” but also everyone hates them and the media ignore them and only ever talk about us, specifically Dawnie and Downie.

7 minutes ago, Joelinton7 said:

I’ve never understood how they think everyone loves and respects them for being “classy” but also everyone hates them and the media ignore them and only ever talk about us, specifically Dawnie and Downie.

They’re bipolar in reality nobody gives a fucking shit about them, they’re only moment in the spotlight was a cup giant killing with some tramp running across Wembo in a trench coat and trackie bottoms.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

They’re bipolar in reality nobody gives a fucking shit about them, they’re only moment in the spotlight was a cup giant killing with some tramp running across Wembo in a trench coat and trackie bottoms.

Bollocks with the tramp stuff man. Stokoe won an FA Cup for us and played 261 games. Born in Mickley so quite possibly an NUFC fan.

A North East great.