sunderland in the EFL

Big River

42 minutes ago, Sid said:

Hilarious yet desperate riding on the coat tails,epic lack of self awareness. One of them saw a German registered bus in an SR post code area, I can sense a new bond forming.

Probably AfD over for intelligence sharing on ways of abusing migrants.

5 hours ago, Sid said:

Hilarious yet desperate riding on the coat tails,epic lack of self awareness. One of them saw a German registered bus in an SR post code area, I can sense a new bond forming.

When they play Dortmund it could be called the Bellingham derby.

24 minutes ago, AmericanLooneyToon said:

They could both be dead by the time Sunderland is in a position to play a team like Dortmund. 

How about a scenario where they play Real in a pre-season friendly. Their proud Mum getting hockled on in the car park

On 26/10/2023 at 23:52, Dancing Brave said:

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

Like when they thought they had a special football friend relationship with Bilbao and all their fans hated us, then we played Bilbao in a friendly and they posted loads of "Howay the Lads" stuff on their socials and talked about what a great bond with Newcastle they'd formed, continuing it months later

10 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Like when they thought they had a special football friend relationship with Bilbao and all their fans hated us, then we played Bilbao in a friendly and they posted loads of "Howay the Lads" stuff on their socials and talked about what a great bond with Newcastle they'd formed, continuing it months later

They are thick as shit. What a world they must inhabit where "opponents in a football match" means gossing on their supporters, kicking their heads in, or putting the bus windows through. Heaven forbid people get along and have a pint with each other and a bit of craic. Fucking retards.

12 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

The thing with the Bilbao bit is that our friendship was started back in the 90s when we played in the UEFA Cup.

On 25/10/2023 at 07:46, TheBrownBottle said:

They always felt like the most successful one back then - but Man Utd always pulled the crowds and had the glamour feel to them (despite OT being in the middle of one of the biggest shit tips in the country)

Trafford and Salford Quays are quite nice, I.e. the immediate surroundings. OT (area) is quite ropey. But the stadium and OT itself are in the borough of Trafford which is the most affluent of the ten GM boroughs. 

I watched the first half of their match....  what happened to the Championship?  When did the standard drop to this current low?

More importantly WHY do the local commentators call all of the Sunderland players by their first names?  It is just fuckin weird!!

Jobe, Patrick, Luke....   WTF???

7 hours ago, pinkeye said:

I watched the first half of their match....  what happened to the Championship?  When did the standard drop to this current low?

More importantly WHY do the local commentators call all of the Sunderland players by their first names?  It is just fuckin weird!!

Jobe, Patrick, Luke....   WTF???

It's certainly no coincidence when you look at the league positions of the relegated teams in the Championship and the promoted teams in the Premier League. Add in the little fact that Ipswich newly promoted are in second, tells you how poor the standard is.

Having a chat with a mackem and talking about old players I vaguely recall one of their players got either sold by them or to them because the manager had shagged his wife. Has anyone else heard of this? For some reason Chris Makin came to mind but I'm not sure if it was him.

Does this ring a bell with anybody? Early 2000's I think.

4 minutes ago, Stal said:

Having a chat with a mackem and talking about old players I vaguely recall one of their players got either sold by them or to them because the manager had shagged his wife. Has anyone else heard of this? For some reason Chris Makin came to mind but I'm not sure if it was him.

Does this ring a bell with anybody? Early 2000's I think.

wasnt it Chris Makin shagged Philips's wife?

Balls to them...they're light years behind, and it would take a miracle for them to get anywhere near us now. I mean dropping all of FFP restrictions and them being taken over by the mythical Sunderland fan with a few billion to spare. They are only rivals in the local sense of the word now. 

Kind of like a flea on a cat or dog...yes aware of it and a minor irritation but nothing anyone could realistically take serious as a threat. 

At present they're nothing to us. Their sole claim to superiority is based on our debatable ownership, while theirs is based on a young lad who does not at present have the resources to contribute anything remotely required for a top league club.