sunderland in the EFL

Big River

18 hours ago, manorpark said:

Why not call the Premier League, the Premier league??

What is all the fuss.

It is the Premier League, so call it the Premier League, it's not difficult.

The money-grabbing breakaway is still vomit-inducing 30-odd years later.  The Football League wanking away with ‘Championship’ and ‘League One’ just adds to the embarrassment - apparently no fucker can stand being second tier.  

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

PS I can just about put up with ‘Premier League’.  I’m never saying fucking ‘Championship’ or ‘League One’ mind.  Absolutely embarrassing 

I agree entirely, as do many people I know.

TOP Division = Premier League (that is a correct and accurate description)

2nd Division = 2nd Division (that is what it is, our 2nd Division. No DAFT non-descriptive meaningless and misleading name for me - ever)

3rd Division = 3rd Division  (that is what it is, our 3rd Division. No DAFT non-descriptive meaningless and misleading name for me - ever)

4th Division = 4th Division  (that is what it is, our 4th Division. No DAFT non-descriptive meaningless and misleading name for me - ever)

These leagues ARE what they ARE, why give them meaningless 'other names' - they are what they are !!!

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Couldn’t give a fuck what the divisions are called in all honesty as long as there’s a shared language for what they are so we all know what we’re referring to

As I said . . . 

TOP Division = Premier League 

2nd Division = 2nd Division

3rd Division = 3rd Division 

4th Division = 4th Division 

23 hours ago, manorpark said:

I agree entirely, as do many people I know.

TOP Division = Premier League (that is a correct and accurate description)

2nd Division = 2nd Division (that is what it is, our 2nd Division. No DAFT non-descriptive meaningless and misleading name for me - ever)

3rd Division = 3rd Division  (that is what it is, our 3rd Division. No DAFT non-descriptive meaningless and misleading name for me - ever)

4th Division = 4th Division  (that is what it is, our 4th Division. No DAFT non-descriptive meaningless and misleading name for me - ever)

These leagues ARE what they ARE, why give them meaningless 'other names' - they are what they are !!!

It's been called the Championship for 20 years.  :lol:  Insisting on calling it the 2nd division is a lot more misleading.

4 hours ago, Troll said:

It's been called the Championship for 20 years.  :lol:  Insisting on calling it the 2nd division is a lot more misleading.

It is England's 2nd Division, it was and is.

You can call it what you like but why use a 'meaningless' name instead of the name which describes what it actually is.

You may as well call it 'Susan', equally non-descriptive and meaningless as 'Championship'.

On 24/11/2023 at 08:03, TheBrownBottle said:

The money-grabbing breakaway is still vomit-inducing 30-odd years later.  The Football League wanking away with ‘Championship’ and ‘League One’ just adds to the embarrassment - apparently no fucker can stand being second tier.  

I agree that the lower leagues are called stupid names.

But "The Premier League" was selected because "Division 1" sounded very unglamorous and they wanted to do a total rebrand.

Which worked spectacularly as our league is the best in the world.

1 hour ago, Elric said:

7 losses and still only a point off a playoff place, it really is a shit league :lol:

Wouldn't say it's shit, it's competitive, and no team is the finished article, that's why so many beat each other. 26pts from 17 games (1.53ppg) in the prem is just shy of 20pts at this stage of the season, which puts you 9th, same as them and 2pts outside of the European places, and 3pts behind ourselves.

1 hour ago, Mountain said:

I agree that the lower leagues are called stupid names.

But "The Premier League" was selected because "Division 1" sounded very unglamorous and they wanted to do a total rebrand.

Which worked spectacularly as our league is the best in the world.

‘Division 1’ would have breached the FL’s copyright

The 'Championship'/'2nd division' is actually the 'first' or 'top' division of the English Football League, so I always refer to it as the EFL Premier Division. Don't know why anyone would do differently tbh.

:eek: