sunderland in the EFL

Big River

45 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Not for me. He is good there and is brilliant when he swaps positions like he did here. But those runs from deep where Schar looks for him or the channel runs like this one work brilliantly when he is playing centre mid. Can drift about and isn’t starting out wide. 

I also think our midfield needs him in for a lot of games. Even when everyone is fit, he is invaluable in there for away games/big matches. Just love how involved he is when he is in the 3. 

Totally agree with this. We need him centrally. We look weak as piss in the middle when he doesn't play in there.

Hope his Injury isn't a one that keeps him out a while.

Since the draw was made, they’ve sacked the manager, turned against the ownership, and now the supporters/flag group has packed in.

Probably best they stay away from us for a bit longer.

55 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Tbf i'd have sent him off for that. Wasn't a pen as it started outside the box, but he was lucky to stay on. It was desperate defending, but again he had to do a lot of that because of the opposition and his teammates. Hume could and should have been sent off at least twice, and was probably more lucky to stay on the pitch. The ref clearly wanted to keep them in it to avoid ructions. 

How Hume avoided the customary yellow for the flare up with Gordon I'll never know. I don't think I've ever seen just one player be booked for that type of thing when they're both at it. Of course, they'll think the ref was against them the whole game and gave us everything 

36 minutes ago, BlueStar said:

Were they sponsored by Tunnocks Teacakes yesterday? 

FB_IMG_1704628874392.jpg

Had no idea the chevrons were a nod to anything in particular but apparently they tried to recreate the hummel design on a shirt they wore over 30 years ago. Obvious when you think about it... :lol:

That 'Wearside!' will never not be hilarious. 

Granted both sets of animals aren't that intimidating, but surely they just had to look at what their neighbours up to road do with the Magpie surfers covering the whole stand and think, 'aye that looks canny we should do something similar with a black cat'

Instead they spelled out a region twinned with circa 2003 Baghdad.

Edited by TBG

1 hour ago, Hovagod said:

The rule changed didn’t it? If it continues into the box it’s a penalty. 

It's been that way a long time. Most memorable example nationally was Des Walker in the WC qualifier against Holland, and the Sun headline 'We Wuz Robbed'. We wuzn't robbed, it's how advantage is supposed to work.

Edit. In fact my recollection is that it's always been that way. Might be wrong though.

Edited by DahnSahf
Clarification

17 minutes ago, TBG said:

That 'Wearside!' will never not be hilarious. 

Granted both sets of animals aren't that intimidating, but surely they just had to look at what their neighbours up to road do with the Magpie surfers covering the whole stand and think, 'aye that looks canny we should do something similar with a black cat'

Instead they spelled out a region twinned with circa 2003 Baghdad.

Their black cat eyes one last season was impressive in the Play-Offs. That was pathetic yesterday. 

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

My favourite is that without the takeover they'd have won and inflicted a decade of misery on us. Completely ignoring that without Ashley they'd have rarely if ever got anything against us in the first place.

Ashley aside they'd not have beaten us on Wearside! since the 70s

2 hours ago, Hovagod said:

The rule changed didn’t it? If it continues into the box it’s a penalty. 

The rule has always been like that, I say always but certainly since I've been watching football (90's onwards)

It should have been a penalty and a red card as there was no genuine attempt to play the ball

However I'm now glad it wasn't given, the narrative would have then been spin that with eleven on the pitch they'd have given us a game 

In the past 12 months we have:

Put 6 past spurs

Put 5 past west ham

Put 4 past Everton

Put 4 past Brighton

Put 5 past Villa

Put 8 past Sheffield United

Put 4 past PSG

Put 4 past Crystal Palace

Put 4 past Chelsea

but we are simply not good enough to humiliate Sunderland.

a035740d-07eb-4eca-954d-f97689807937.thumb.jpeg.43c8937a2e41f6b0724ae83d776840d8.jpeg

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

What happened yesterday has finally broken these twats for good and as a bonus their owner absolutely humiliated them, not just locally but nationally and maybe internationally. I’ve waited a long long time for a day like yesterday.

Was impressive to see the famous red and silver chevrons of sunderland afc and the reaffirmation that they are from wearside! should that have been missed by those with limited geographical knowledge. 

Some telling responses in the If The Owner Fucked Off And We Were Bought By An 'Arab Conglomerate' thread. Third page before somebody points out the difference between KSA and 'Arabs' in general

Edited by OpenC

7 hours ago, Ben said:

Why are we always gravy stained ? 

It goes back 20ish years and a photo of two “large” Newcastle fans wearing their b/w striped shirts and they have food stains down the front.

I’ve tried to find this photo or the first mention of Gravy on RTG but their history doesn’t go back that far.

Endless complaints about us singing '2-0 to the Saudi boys' as well. No acknowledgment that it was probably a rebuff to the home fans' 'no noise from the Saudi boys'.

I mean, unless that's something we've started singing but I've never heard it (didn't yesterday either tbf)