sunderland in the EFL

Big River

If the season started when we played them, they're be second bottom and 4 points from safety, they where on 40 points from 26 games prior to our meeting and, in the remaining 20 they only picked up 16 :lol:

6 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

These could be in serious trouble next year

That 14 year old manager their getting from France will be under pressure 

I wonder if it’s worth trying to pinch their goalie as well. He’s supposed to be rated fairly highly, and I’m sure he’s also a Newcastle fan from North Shields.

3 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I wonder if it’s worth trying to pinch their goalie as well. He’s supposed to be rated fairly highly, and I’m sure he’s also a Newcastle fan from North Shields.

Rumoured to be off to a number of clubs. Arsenal, Liverpool, Celtic and Leicester all linked.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I thought this at one point but he’s absolutely fucking hopeless as well. Only thing he has over even Gillespie is his age.

Edited by Sima

Patterson is decent with some limited potential. He's not going to make Pickford levels and at best an average PL keeper. There was a point where he good have been more, but age and exposure has shown he'll not get there now.

Good mate of mine who’s quite balanced and reasonable thinks they’ll get £30m.

The bloke was totally pocketed by a horrendously out of form Kieran Trippier.

1 hour ago, jack j said:

Some of them genuinely think they will get 25 million for that Jack Clarke.

Let them think it. It'll make the meltdown fantastic when they get 9 million for him over 4 years. 

they needed another mowbray type manager who was proven and could consolidate them as a top half championship club, pushing for play offs each year until they were ready for more 

the muppets are clutching at straws now 

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They'll get £8m if they're lucky.

Should’ve gambled when Burnley were offering what they did. Clearly a good player in the Dwight Gayle/Cameron Jerome/Wes Hoolihan situation but your market is tiny for those players. 

12 hours ago, Sima said:

I thought this at one point but he’s absolutely fucking hopeless as well. Only thing he has over even Gillespie is his age.

Both the mackems I work with think 'Patto' is useless and that they hope one of the rumoured teams buy him before the narrative that he's class wears off. 

Patterson to Liverpool for £12m according to them.

Think that's a fantastic deal for Patterson & Sunderland. Anything over £8m is good business.

22 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Patterson to Liverpool for £12m according to them.

Think that's a fantastic deal for Patterson & Sunderland. Anything over £8m is good business.

Guessing Kelleher wants to be a number 1, then. 

Posted (edited)

Big Dick Energy is back. Talking about their definitely real massive attendances and how our attendances collapsed to <8000 in the 70’s. Calls us “fickle” and says we have the record for lowest ever attendance in the north-east for a top flight game. He is incredibly weird. 

https://x.com/richenergyceo/status/1786751514465255901?s=46&t=DcLbGwd6hoDY9gGMy-ZgEw

Edited by Joelinton7

Posted (edited)

What's 'hard to believe' is that the three clubs below them in the attendance figures make more money than them from attendances, Leeds three times as much and that there's nothing in it with most of those other powerhouses.

20-25% of what's visible on their goals look empty, you can see the seat colouring pattern from some angles as if it was a display.

Hardly surprising a fantasist would go along with the official figures

Edited by Wolfcastle

18 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

What's 'hard to believe' is that the three clubs below them in the attendance figures make more money than them from attendances, Leeds three times as much and that there's nothing in it with most of those other powerhouses.

20-25% of what's visible on their goals look empty, you can see the seat colouring pattern from some angles as if it was a display.

Hardly surprising a fantasist would go along with the official figures

Let them bullshit their attendances. It plays into their narrative that they're a massive club which is what they want to believe. Unfortunately for them, they then can't back this up financially (in terms of finance raised from 40k paying fans every other week) and so will always fall way short of their fans' expectations. Expectations which all stem from their made up attendances. Its a vicious circle.

[emoji38]

16 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Let them bullshit their attendances. It plays into their narrative that they're a massive club which is what they want to believe. Unfortunately for them, they then can't back this up financially (in terms of finance raised from 40k paying fans every other week) and so will always fall way short of their fans' expectations. Expectations which all stem from their made up attendances. Its a vicious circle.

[emoji38]

Yep. Said a couple of months back, their USP is their attendances so they're happy to quote 40k every week as it makes them look good from the outside looking in. 

They lose everything they're so precious about if they start quoting true attendances and it's weird. 25-30k is still excellent at that level. They should be happy to embrace that they're an established Championship club.