sunderland in the EFL

Big River

Reading between the lines im starting to think us getting rid of Mr Ashley..has not been so popular on wearside.

hooever when / if  we start to become a major european power.....it'll be good for the whole NE.....sunderland need to get out of this league 1  mentality .

they seem to have an unheallthy fixation with a massive club on their door step.

I had a chat with a bloke I know quite well on Saturday morning, he is a Sunderland fan from Washington, the chat was about the fact he was going to their match that afternoon and looking forward to it, all good so far....  he brought up crowds and how wonderful it was that Sunderland get 30k+ each week for a low league team to which I agreed but, questioned whether it really was 30k because whenever I see clips of their matches on teevee the stands look full of gaps and it was hard to imagine that 30k are actually there, maybe they are counting the free tickets that are given away but, not used.......   whoops!!!  that was like lighting some sort of firework under him.  They absolutely do not under any circumstances give away any free tickets, sometimes there are a few given to schools for children but, they must be accompanied by a paying adult....   then the best bit....  Newcastle give away 10k free tickets.....  I said, yes, an offer was made by our former owner to existing season ticket holders to have a free additional ticket for a family member of friend for around half of that specific season, if the tickets were to be retained for the following season the standard cost of said ticket must be paid.....   NOOO, they are 10k free tickets every week and that is why our ground is full....   he would not accept that Ashley made that gesture out of desperation as the ground was becoming more empty by the week as fans left under protest but, at the same time hundreds or even thousands of free tickets find their way into people pockets for SOL every home game.  The misinformation circulating is horrific and it is no surprise that each it is practically impossible to have a grown up conversation about football between Sunderland and Newcastle fans no matter how level headed both parties are.

What was also funny was that he could barely name a current Sunderland player and said that he didn't even recognise the faces of the players whose names that he had heard of.

5 hours ago, HTT II said:

They are weird mate and RAWK’s Everton thread despite them being LFC is very much like RTGs NUFC thread. Loads of absolute weird bitterness. 

I thought the opposite having read the threads on both RAWK and GOT the other day. RAWK’s Everton thread was hilarious whereas GOT seemed very RTG. Maybe just a bad day/period of time.

4 hours ago, pinkeye said:

I had a chat with a bloke I know quite well on Saturday morning, he is a Sunderland fan from Washington, the chat was about the fact he was going to their match that afternoon and looking forward to it, all good so far....  he brought up crowds and how wonderful it was that Sunderland get 30k+ each week for a low league team to which I agreed but, questioned whether it really was 30k because whenever I see clips of their matches on teevee the stands look full of gaps and it was hard to imagine that 30k are actually there, maybe they are counting the free tickets that are given away but, not used.......   whoops!!!  that was like lighting some sort of firework under him.  They absolutely do not under any circumstances give away any free tickets, sometimes there are a few given to schools for children but, they must be accompanied by a paying adult....   then the best bit....  Newcastle give away 10k free tickets.....  I said, yes, an offer was made by our former owner to existing season ticket holders to have a free additional ticket for a family member of friend for around half of that specific season, if the tickets were to be retained for the following season the standard cost of said ticket must be paid.....   NOOO, they are 10k free tickets every week and that is why our ground is full....   he would not accept that Ashley made that gesture out of desperation as the ground was becoming more empty by the week as fans left under protest but, at the same time hundreds or even thousands of free tickets find their way into people pockets for SOL every home game.  The misinformation circulating is horrific and it is no surprise that each it is practically impossible to have a grown up conversation about football between Sunderland and Newcastle fans no matter how level headed both parties are.

What was also funny was that he could barely name a current Sunderland player and said that he didn't even recognise the faces of the players whose names that he had heard of.

Was it Alex Neil? 

5 hours ago, pinkeye said:

Washy Mag, the worst .

19 minutes ago, GWN said:

Washy Mag, the worst .

I love the recent contradiction by them that Sam Fender shouldn't even support Newcastle because he's not from there, yet everyone in Washington should be supporting Sunderland. 

1 hour ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

After all the support they gave for Adam Johnson, the tag 'Flag Nonces' is richly deserved. 

And with their love of overseas brethren I expect to see a flag asking...

'Wheez detaineez are theez detaineez'

I see tha faux outrage is starting to slowly turn again, to 'it won't be what they think will happen' line. Broken and if they don't go up this season, they're going to be suicidal all summer.

Edited by et tu brute

Mad Cyril seems to be having a wee bite back but the rest of our fans need to log off and delete their accounts ASAP , don’t bother even getting into a fucking debate with them , utter pack of bitter jealous cunts, every single one of them . 
Too many pandering to them , it’s sickening.

Awww doing a little flag display again. Who'd have thought all the while they apparently bemoaned, attacked and cringed at ours these past five months their inferiority complex genes were triggered and they were actually being eaten alive with jealousy?

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 hour ago, Wolfcastle said:

Awww doing a little flag display again. Who'd have thought all the while they apparently bemoaned, attacked and cringed at ours these past five months their inferiority complex genes were triggered and they were actually being eaten alive with jealousy?

The red seats one looks class. Wor Flags need to get on to their supplier.