sunderland in the EFL

Big River

1 hour ago, TeddySAFC said:

You couldnt ever say you dont want to be promoted but this squad does need a few more years, Alot of the squad are playing their first proper season of either consistent football or Championship.

Would take the promotion and coming back down if it meant banking the 100+M and we didnt break away from

the model and do a Nottingham Forest for example of spunking shit loads on 20 new players.

Tbf Forest are improving rapidly, Cooper is doing a canny job down there.

31 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Forest got it absolutely spot on as it turned out. Aurier has turned out to be cracking for them for example, Lodi is finding his feet now he's up to speed...

Aye, fair play to them, it does appear that their approach is going to pay off

It's clearly a massive risk and if it doesn't pay off you potentially set the club back many years

With Forest, assuming that the coaching team had confidence in themselves that they could develop players, buying heavily at the start of the season (not January) is a gamble, but one that has a fairly good chance of paying dividends. They probably expected a shaky start, but as time went on they knew the team would eventually come together. 

It could have all gone wrong of course with all the catastrophe attached to that scenario, and may still do so - but fortune does tend to favour the brave in these sort of things. If it works, fair play to them. 

Forest had no choice because of the amount of players they lost in the summer than to build a new team.

By doing so they've given themselves a chance of breaking the Norwich routine.

You're probably no more or less likely to come a cropper doing it the Forest or Norwich way. Either way if you don't bounce back you lose any advantage you had.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Coventry got attacked inside the Three Bulls off The Gremlins after an FA Cup game. A mate of mine (who is actaully a really canny lad away from football) done 18 months for it.

Got to say I've never understood why somebody would literally want to fight someone else because they support a different football team to them.

An old mate of mine (grew up together, home and away games on the hoy for a few years) was also arrested in that fight.  Didn’t do time for it, but he was in the Ronnie Gill as he’d been in the press for previous at Euro 2004

5 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Tbf Forest are improving rapidly, Cooper is doing a canny job down there.

I just wouldnt want us to build a platform then piss it up the wall with 20 or so new players who are the polar opposite to what we are trying to do, thats the point i’m trying to make.