sunderland in the EFL

Big River

18 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: The cat eyes. Still find it funny as fuck a club playing in red and white decided to give itself the nickname "black cats"

I heard it was someone else that gave the name and having massive identity issues they took it.

Some American tour the old man says. Maybe that's where the black shorts that weren't always there came in, to justify it.

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

Was the black cats added to the crest after the they picked the name or is that why they call themselves black cats ?

Used to be some stripes and a ship from when I got into football until 97 when it coincidentally, like the strip, was re-modelled and came up looking a lot like ours

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

Used to be some stripes and a ship from when I got into football until 97 when it coincidentally, like the strip, was re-modelled and came up looking a lot like ours

Yeah remember the ship badge.. loads better than what they have now.

7 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I heard it was someone else that gave the name and having massive identity issues they took it.

Some American tour the old man says. Maybe that's where the black shorts that weren't always there came in, to justify it.

Didn’t they have a fan vote and black cats came out on top

4 minutes ago, Big Geordie said:

Didn't know Berahino was at Sheff Wed. That lad could and should have been a proper player.

Aye, it's sad watching him now, looks overweight and just running round like a headless chicken, such a wasted career

14 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:
34 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: The cat eyes. Still find it funny as fuck a club playing in red and white decided to give itself the nickname "black cats"

To be fair to them they had a black cat front and centre of their crest for nearly 100 years.

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The fact these two finished fourth and fifth and are utterly dreadful just makes me even angrier that we lost to fucking Cambridge.

This hopeless filth just beat them 5-0 as well, makes no sense how it happened :lol:

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

To be fair to them they had a black cat front and centre of their crest for nearly 100 years.

454.png.d7f7d51561e73ab70ce7faa25284b1f8.png

Not looking more into it - but they definitely didn't from at least 1966-1997