sunderland

Big River

Just now, Unbelievable said:

You could have, but then we could call hundreds of young players all over the world "generational talents". I mean, that term to me signifies level of future ballon d'or winner. A bit early to suggest Chris Rigg is on that level, innit?

I mean maybe, but fan's of clubs with these players are going to hype up their own players arn't they? :lol: 

33 minutes ago, TeddySAFC said:

Whilst I agree there is a percentage of absolute nuggets that follow us, Rigg genuinely is a generational talent. He wont be here very long put it that way, Just have to enjoy him whilst he is.

Didn’t he just sign his first contract with you lot about a month ago or something? I think generational talent is a probably a bit over the top, however he is highly rated. Was he linked much with other clubs before signing the contract? 

16 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

You could have, but then we could call hundreds of young players all over the world "generational talents". I mean, that term to me signifies level of future ballon d'or winner. A bit early to suggest Chris Rigg is on that level, innit?

Usual bullshit from a mackem (one who said he wasn't posting again) just because they have had a couple of wins. Bit like Jack Clarke going for 30 - 40 million. They love making things up in their heads.

I don't think Teddy is far off the mark with Rigg to be honest. He really is special and won't be there long regardless of whether they get promoted anytime soon or not.

Fingers crossed he is pulling on black and white one day as he will go very far in his career, pretty sure of that. Also pretty sure he will have ambitions to play for us one day too. Just because he plays for Sunderland doesn't mean he's shite.

10 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

I don't think Teddy is far off the mark with Rigg to be honest. He really is special and won't be there long regardless of whether they get promoted anytime soon or not.

Fingers crossed he is pulling on black and white one day as he will go very far in his career, pretty sure of that. Also pretty sure he will have ambitions to play for us one day too. Just because he plays for Sunderland doesn't mean he's shite.

Nobody said he's shite. Just not a generational talent, as in clearly on his way to becoming a world beater.

Those who used to argue that Red Bull were going to takeover them must be finding both our energy drinks announcement, and the Leeds deal fairly hard to swallow.

Don’t worry guys, the Rich energy bloke will come in for you, just as soon as he actually created a drink, and managed to actually sell it.

30 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Nobody has said he's total shite because he plays for Sunderland. I watched a few games last season and he certainly didn't stand out, but at the time I said he was still very young. If he was a generational talent right now, then he certainly wouldn't still be at Sunderland. I'm just highlighting the typical shite from the mackems because they have won four games. As I mentioned earlier, bit like Clarke's worth being 30 - 40 million, now that worked out well

Edited by et tu brute

39 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Nobody said he's shite. Just not a generational talent, as in clearly on his way to becoming a world beater.

Ahh forgive me it was the wrong word to use. But I do think he will be in a higher division this time in 12 months, either here or overseas. I genuinely hope he does too.

28 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Nobody has said he's total shite because he plays for Sunderland. I watched a few games last season and he certainly didn't stand out, but at the time I said he was still very young. If he was a generational talent right now, then he certainly wouldn't still be at Sunderland. I'm just highlighting the typical shite from the mackems because they have won four games. As I mentioned earlier, bit like Clarke's worth being 30 - 40 million, now that worked out well

Oh aye, there's absolutely no doubt they completely overrate basically every player that's played for them and they pretty much always have done. But Rigg should go far in his career. He's very slight but is extremely talented, I've watched his career fairly close (from him being very young) due to mutual friends and not in a noncey way. He will hopefully play for England one day but obviously a long way to go.

I'd be delighted if he wound up at NUFC one day and would be confident in saying that's probably his ambition, as much as he will try and hide it these days for obvious reasons. That being said, staying at Sunderland with a clear path to consistent first-team football was quite clearly the right decision to make at this stage in his career. I'd be shocked if they hadn't basically said to him 'do well here and we won't stand in your way' if somebody comes in for you at the right price in the next couple of years, as is their model these days. 

3 hours ago, Menace said:

Mental we didn't take a punt when he was essentially out of contract and he allegedly supports us

we tried, multiple times, he didn't want to come.

Rigg’s got the potential to go to the very top – he’s been known about for years around Hebburn as a potential superstar – hopefully not with them lot! I was out with Dan Neil on Friday (oh look at me [emoji38]) and he was raving about him! I was also gobsmacked (but it makes sense when you think about it!) that he got a £35 fine from the FA for his red card which is the same price as pissed-up fools get charged on a Sunday morning!

Da Rigg is a big black and whiter! I can’t believe they still live in Hebburn especially where they live ha ha!

Edited by Paully

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I was in the main stand seats for it, bit mad like. ‎

Couple of my mates managed to get seats in the Clock Stand and and some others got into the Roker End. Reckons there were mackems in the Clock Stand who spent most the match walking about trying to see if any NUFC fans had managed to get in. Said it was a bit hairy like but they survived unscathed.

Remember a group of mackems managed to get into our end for the return at SJP towards the back of the Leazes East corner. About 20 of them celebrated when they scored but nothing happened to them and they were allowed to remain for the rest of the match.

5 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

How class would it have been, being in the arena for that man.

I was in the arena that night. Was only 11 or 12 at the time. It was class like. 

Currently in the "bewm" of their usual bewm-bust cycle. They'll be after Le Bris' head after falling down the table, no doubt. 

Weird why they'd want to play us when we haven't yet clicked, can't think of why that is 🤔 :lol:

(we'd still give them a hiding)