sunderland in the EFL

Big River

6 hours ago, Dancing Brave said:

1. Would ANY clubs fans get behind a massive Saudi investment...YES 

I'm not sure all would. Man City wouldn't need it. Liverpool wouldn't want it, nor probably most Man U fans. Basically the few teams with a realistic chance of sustained success or recent success would possibly turn it down, because they don't need it to win things and the negatives are worse than the positives.

The other 88+ clubs in the league would be just like us though. But then we'd be like they are now, calling them out for embracing it. So we should be honest that the hypocrisy probably goes both ways.

10 minutes ago, Ben said:

Man U fans and owners would be 100% behind any sort of Saudi takeover

Well not the owners because PIF apparently tried and failed to buy Man U before turning to us. The fans on the other hand:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10197295/man-utd-91-per-cent-fans-want-bin-salman-glazers-poll/

Edited by Jackie Broon

9 hours ago, Chris_R said:

I'm not sure all would. Man City wouldn't need it. Liverpool wouldn't want it, nor probably most Man U fans. Basically the few teams with a realistic chance of sustained success or recent success would possibly turn it down, because they don't need it to win things and the negatives are worse than the positives.

The other 88+ clubs in the league would be just like us though. But then we'd be like they are now, calling them out for embracing it. So we should be honest that the hypocrisy probably goes both ways.

Man utd fans hatred of the Glazers is on par with the toon's love of Ashley. 

Only because of klopps outstanding management have Liverpool been able to compete imho...as for man city they've had a ten year headstart and could spend what they wanted too,time might come when they are envious of newcastles wealth.

So I disagree .

Things can change quickly in football   .

City without pep?

Liverpool without klopp mane salah ?

Newcastle without that fat Cockley Bastard.

BTW I don't see the toon's main rivals being in the North West,nooooooway papa John pizza winners, 4years a 3rd tier team,and newly found humanity warriors .

Blundland are on the march,  boyd by having  better attendances 9 times in a 140 years and out sold Wickham of the wanderers at yet another new Wembley appearance, 

the mighty marra's are on a roll, now backed by 80% of Gateshead (rtg) and a huge number of £58 u16s sason tickets and ya fatha uncle mutha and neighbours get a match day ticket for £5 I shit ye not .

Yes 25,000 + gates for the mlf.....bless 

6 minutes ago, Nun tumblers said:

BTW I don't see the toon's main rivals being in the North West,nooooooway papa John pizza winners, 4years a 3rd tier team,and newly found humanity warriors .

Blundland are on the march,  boyd by having  better attendances 9 times in a 140 years and out sold Wickham of the wanderers at yet another new Wembley appearance, 

the mighty marra's are on a roll, now backed by 80% of Gateshead (rtg) and a huge number of £58 u16s sason tickets and ya fatha uncle mutha and neighbours get a match day ticket for £5 I shit ye not .

Yes 25,000 + gates for the mlf.....bless 

:bluestar:

U16s £48 season tickets for mlf's

U18s £95

U22s £165 ffs I had served my apprenticeship buying my first house and had 2 kids at22.

Juniors £2.09pennies

They've even got a pensioner special small cod n chips any pop and a ticket £10 .

Oh and they're after the new Harry kane 7k a week Troy Parrot. 

On 17/06/2022 at 20:34, Chris_R said:

This implies Man City aren't already run by a gulf state that is rich because of oil.

3 minutes ago, Mountain said:

This implies Man City aren't already run by a gulf state that is rich because of oil.

I read it as implying the opposite - they’re already run by a oil state in the gulf, why would they need to be taken over by a different one?

15 minutes ago, Mountain said:

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I read it as implying the opposite - they’re already run by a oil state in the gulf, why would they need to be taken over by a different one?

Yeah it's that. They've nothing to be gained by wanting to swap UAE rulers for Saudi rulers, who are potentially worse in terms of human rights but could achieve no more success with them than they've already had.

10 hours ago, et tu brute said:

Tell you what the 'supposed NUFC' fans who post on that thread are a right bunch of knackers. 

I’ve never looked on there for a while - sweet Jesus - the hatred and bile is unheard of and it’s going to get worse! As if they’d be moaning if our owners had bought them rather than us!

Guest HTT II

I’m at Flamingo Land, we’ve been here since Friday for my boy’s footy tournament (won all 3 games yesterday, scoring 22 and conceding none, my boy got 9), thousands of people from Liverpool, Manchester, Yorkshire, Newcastle and Sunderland of course and other towns and cities and every fan I’ve interacted with there has been no faux outrage or any hostility, mostly positive comments and well wishes and compliments about our fanbase and how well Howe did to turn things around and how excited we must now all be.

I think the hatred is mainly social media and Internet forums. There is a mackem team here and honestly in the park every one of the parents were in their tops, some even full kit wankers, a couple of Geordie kids were ironically singing sunlan’s a massive club and one or two of the mackem lot were like cheers marras [emoji38]

I will say though another mackem team who my boy has played for in the past and I get on well with their parents are spot on, piss taking aside they are just like any fanbase, they care only about their team.

It’s class here mind, we have a great caravan pitch and all the parents are together and one of the dad’s is a huge cricket fan and used to play so all the boys have played more cricket than footy and my ten year old seems to love it so I’m gonna try and get him into it as he isn’t into footy at all. Weather is lush too!

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

I’m at Flamingo Land, we’ve been here since Friday for my boy’s footy tournament (won all 3 games yesterday, scoring 22 and conceding none, my boy got 9), thousands of people from Liverpool, Manchester, Yorkshire, Newcastle and Sunderland of course and other towns and cities and every fan I’ve interacted with there has been no faux outrage or any hostility, mostly positive comments and well wishes and compliments about our fanbase and how well Howe did to turn things around and how excited we must now all be.

I think the hatred is mainly social media and Internet forums. There is a mackem team here and honestly in the park every one of the parents were in their tops, some even full kit wankers, a couple of Geordie kids were ironically singing sunlan’s a massive club and one or two of the mackem lot were like cheers marras [emoji38]

I will say though another mackem team who my boy has played for in the past and I get on well with their parents are spot on, piss taking aside they are just like any fanbase, they care only about their team.

It’s class here mind, we have a great caravan pitch and all the parents are together and one of the dad’s is a huge cricket fan and used to play so all the boys have played more cricket than footy and my ten year old seems to love it so I’m gonna try and get him into it as he isn’t into footy at all. Weather is lush too!

Alreet, Judith Chalmers 😉 (sounds like lovely time. Good luck with rest of tourney)

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Alreet, Judith Chalmers 😉 (sounds like lovely time. Good luck with rest of tourney)

Cheers, to be honest the football is secondary. There are some right knackers here mind, families getting pissed in the park bars while their kids just run around like lunatics, it’s so hot, get outside and enjoy it instead of being stuck in some bar where the pints are like 6 quid while your kids run amok pleading to go on rides and being told wait we are having a drink. Scousers mainly…

Guest HTT II
4 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

We won it, I think my boy is the top scorer in his age group/our side of the groups, again the standard isn’t the best at under 8s, I’ve been more impressed with the ‘keepers, in the final the other team’s ‘keeper had a worldie, but he flopped an a cross and my boy got a head to it and it went in off him for an OG, poor bairn was crying so we started cheering him every time he made a save after that and I gave him MOTM as parents/coaches can decide. Superb tournament though and the organiser is a sound bloke, come and talked to us and the presentation tonight should be class. Watched a few under 12 games, fucking hell young lads today are huge, sure they are on steroids or something! Some top talent it seems from the NE, Manchester, Merseyside and Yorkshire!

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Dr Venkman said:

Hope you’re having a lovely time @HTT II but you’d have to pay me thousands to go to flamingo land with a bunch of mackems.

Thankfully all our team are Geordies and Toon fans.

Guest HTT II

My boy won player of the tournament and top scorer in his age group (under 8s, 18 teams or something I think overall), he cried when his name got called out, voted by other coaches and refs I believe. I won’t lie I was a tad emotional too, super proud.