sunderland

Big River

Reading have had a decent season so far as well so annoyingly this is a reallt good performance and win for the Mackems, said it since the start of the season and stand by it - these will unfortunately be in the play offs at least come the end of the season and may well go up.

1 minute ago, NUFCDoog said:

Reading have had a decent season so far as well so annoyingly this is a reallt good performance and win for the Mackems, said it since the start of the season and stand by it - these will unfortunately be in the play offs at least come the end of the season and may well go up.

This time last year I was worried they'll go up and we'll be going down, then expected them to beat us twice however since the takeover what they do doesn't bother me

If they lose then obviously it's funny but I'm no longer concerned as we are and will be operating at a different level to them 

6 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Nah, there’s absolutely no chance a side starting Pritchard are going to get promoted 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Also, I wasn’t watching earlier but their loan striker, Simms, must have got injured as he was subbed off before half time. He’s looked very good so if he’s out for any length of time that’ll screw them over 

They scored 3 when he went off like!

They're playing pretty well, to be fair. I've thought that whenever I've watched them so far this season - they look hard to beat anyway.

Really thought they'd struggle with the jump up from their natural home in league 1, but doubt they'll be in much bother now. Mid table for them, I reckon.

12 minutes ago, Abacus said:

They're playing pretty well, to be fair. I've thought that whenever I've watched them so far this season - they look hard to beat anyway.

Really thought they'd struggle with the jump up from their natural home in league 1, but doubt they'll be in much bother now. Mid table for them, I reckon.

They've done pretty well generally. Won 4 of their 9 matches, +5 GD, and already played Sheff U, Norwich and Boro, losing to them all by the odd goal, and competing well. The teams they lost to, especially the first two, should be up their at the end of the season, but there's not too many after that, Burnley and Watford probably, but WBA (with Bruce) should be, but are MILES off the pace, and have only won one of their 10 matches (assuming they don't score 3 late goals tonight). There's no reason why Sunderland shouldn't be targeting a playoff spot this season IMO, unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, Paullow said:

They've done pretty well generally. Won 4 of their 9 matches, +5 GD, and already played Sheff U, Norwich and Boro, losing to them all by the odd goal, and competing well. The teams they lost to, especially the first two, should be up their at the end of the season, but there's not too many after that, Burnley and Watford probably, but WBA (with Bruce) should be, but are MILES off the pace, and have only won one of their 10 matches (assuming they don't score 3 late goals tonight). There's no reason why Sunderland shouldn't be targeting a playoff spot this season IMO, unfortunately.

I think you're probably right, and they'll have at least a chance of a play off slot.

But the Championship is a long old slog of a season, with a lot of teams yet to click into gear, so I reckon they'll fall a bit short in the end.

That should probably be regarded as a good season for them - they'd be marmalised in the premier League without serious investment.

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

FB_IMG_1663188471582.thumb.jpg.3d35d0a5b3e3f857bdaa5df3477db5f2.jpg

Nice to see the Honey Monster make an appearance, guessing their Sugar Puff boycott has ended. 

Edit: also front and centre rocking some weirdly-placed chicken fillets, there. Wired jaw incoming. 

Edited by Elric