sunderland

Big River

I knew that when we had European nights we used to sing "sitting at home watching the bill" but I didn't realise it was fucking Bill Oddie.

Silly cunt must have thought it was a magpie or his sister.

43 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Should have been beating the likes of Bristol City and Rotherham tbh. Massive run of fixtures between now and April largely against sides around or above them.

I don't watch them so I might have this wrong, but it seems that they do well against better sides where they can sit deep and play their counter attacking game. In matches where the opposition also low block and they're expected to take the initiative, they struggle.  

10 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They're on a high and having their most enjoyable season in a long time, yet sit in a position that would be our joint 6th worst season in 60 years.

Aye but to be fair, they shouldn’t be judging their achievements against…oh

This is what happens when you constantly big yourself up and remind each other how fucking massive and class you are. Constant back-slapping and self praise then inevitably drop 5 points in 72 hours and fall 4 places down the league. Maybe they need to dial it back a bit on there? 

Done that annual thing where they massively over-react to a couple good results and predict a glorious future upon them only to end up remaining shit have they?

What amused me more than ths result was how I came about it. Read the Liverpool report (which never mentioned the score) so put the scores on and thought I'd scroll down the pages not knowing who was playing and there they were, the pride of the north east and team of the momenet, losing at Rotherham in not even upset (gets two sentences in my newspaper).

Edited by Wolfcastle

Didn't even know they were playing. Even if they miss out on the play offs it's been a fantastic season for them. It'll be hard to replicate with loans going back and the loss of Stewart, so they might have to accept this as a tide Mark season until they get their own star players in. 

7 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Didn't even know they were playing. Even if they miss out on the play offs it's been a fantastic season for them. It'll be hard to replicate with loans going back and the loss of Stewart, so they might have to accept this as a tide Mark season until they get their own star players in. 

They were doing some maths to work out if they can catch Sheff Utd in 2nd place, no chance that they'll be satisfied with finishing outside the play offs

Must admit for a few moments looking at the live table deep into their match on Saturday, I was thinking 3 wins in a row, only 1 defeat in 10, 10 points behind Sheff U who are stuttering a bit, and still have to go to Sunderland, and a favourable match against Rotherham up next, I thought they might have had a very outside chance of sneaking top 2, but that's clearly gone now and a poor couple of results for them.

They play Norwich, Luton, Sheff U, and Burnley, as well as their 'grudge' match against Coventry, in their next 6 games, the 'O'Neil derby' as well, so that will give a good indication of whether they could sustain their playoff challenge, or not.