Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wolverhampton Wanderers (08/04/2022)

Disco

We have been dogshit for years the natural instinct is to expect the worst from Newcastle , I agree it will pass but please don’t get like self expecting cunts like Arsenal/Liverpool fans ..

im over the moon the club is rid of FCB first and foremost, the future is bright , who cares if we still win nowt , the feel is a million times better now and I now attend a game where I feel proud to be a fucking Geordie O0

Just now, maze said:

Great. But the annoying Everton match result spring to mind. 

Don't go back there. Move on man. ?

We can hopefully watch manure tonk them and hopefully see others around win and not feel nervous. 

Didn't get much sleep last night, still buzzing from the game.   St James was nervous last night.  Crowd was quieter than normal and I think around 60 minutes most were waiting for the sucker punch to happen as Wolves had done nowt to that point.

Once the pen went in and then the final whistle, the outpouring of relief was immense.  Walking under the Milburn stand as we exited last night was superb, took a good 5-10 mins but was worth every moment!    

Think we are safe but one more win would make it 100%.

So hope Everton get tanked today!

HWTL

3 minutes ago, maze said:

Great. But the annoying Everton match result spring to mind. 

I still think I'm more hung up on Murphy missing the one-on-one away at Watford, not hanging on at home against the same team and the penalty at home to Southampton.

Three little things that, had they gone differently, would've meant last night's win took us to 40 points.

36 minutes ago, GWN said:

We have been dogshit for years the natural instinct is to expect the worst from Newcastle , I agree it will pass but please don’t get like self expecting cunts like Arsenal/Liverpool fans ..

im over the moon the club is rid of FCB first and foremost, the future is bright , who cares if we still win nowt , the feel is a million times better now and I now attend a game where I feel proud to be a fucking Geordie O0

Fair point, just Burnley winning did silly things to my pessimistic side but you’re right.

Howe and co have been amazing and I need to be more positive going forward.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Even better if Man Utd beat Everton and Watford and Burnley drop points 

Not so much about Burnley - I want Everton to go down, cheating diving time wasting bastards.

55 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Winning on a Friday night and just being able to enjoy the weekends football is a great feeling. 

This is exactly what I've been saying to myself this morning. I can go out today to the local for several pints knowing we've got our 3 points in the bag and just enjoy the day losing money on the horses.

Honestly what a relief winning yesterday was, we can just sit back and enjoy the other games today without worrying much what the results will mean for us, lets hope we can get another win (hopefully two) next week so we can relax for the rest of the season and start looking forward to the summer!

3 hours ago, Dokko said:

Don't go back there. Move on man. ?

We can hopefully watch manure tonk them and hopefully see others around win and not feel nervous. 

Sorry. It has just torn in to me a good few times. Such a frustrating match. 

8 minutes ago, maze said:

Sorry. It has just torn in to me a good few times. Such a frustrating match. 

Aye it did me until yesterday's result if i'm totally honest. But I'm starting to heal :lol:

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Said it before and will say it again, ‘Movin On Up’ as the post-match anthem is inspired.

yeah. my kids had never heard of primal scream before and they've youtubing the fuck out of thrm since hearing this song.

41 minutes ago, huss9 said:

yeah. my kids had never heard of primal scream before and they've youtubing the fuck out of thrm since hearing this song.

Look forward to hearing their take on Screamadelica ?

Just now, LFEE said:

Look forward to hearing their take on Screamadelica ?

l gave them my cd copy.

nope. they dont quite "get it".

they'll learn as they get older.

Edited by huss9

4 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Just another shout in here in case anyone has a spare/unwanted programme from last night that I can buy from you for the bairn :)

Don't know, but could try contacting the club?

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Small point but it was nice having Daniel Mann on comms last night. Fond, venomous memories of Championship season 2. He's a good commentator, didn't realise he did PL.

"...and Perez finds the net!" away at Brighton was one of my favourite snippets of commentary from that season.