Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

I know we’ve been over this 100 times and no perfect solution but I have to say I’m baffled with the criteria. Basically it’s rewarding anyone who jumped on board after Rafa was let go not those who quit because of him leaving. Basically the last people the club should’ve rewarded 🙂

It’s just a way to say that you haven’t just signed up now to get a ticket to sell I guess, it’s not a judgement of who deserves one more. 

I don’t have a clear sense of how you can ever get a season ticket if you haven’t had one for decades TBH, it’s a shame. I guess just wait for a bigger stadium. 

Just now, LFEE said:

I know we’ve been over this 100 times and no perfect solution but I have to say I’m baffled with the criteria. Basically it’s rewarding anyone who jumped on board after Rafa was let go not those who quit because of him leaving. Basically the last people the club should’ve rewarded 🙂

Well not quite. I mean there will be those people in there obviously, but they’ve had to try and find a way of somehow trying to incorporate those that gave up ST prior to the takeover. As has been discussed at length, it was near enough impossible to come up with a solution that did that fairly.

This way, they’ve made an assumption (probably fairly), that most of those will have purchased a ticket fairly recently. 

But like was always going to be the case, there is no ‘right’ way to do it, and especially given the small number of ST that would appear to be going on sale.

It does mean plenty of match day tickets still though, so whilst I realise that’s not the same as having ‘your seat in your area’, if you want to get in, you almost certainly can.

Season tickets themselves are an interesting concept when demand is this high.

Presumably they’re normally useful for clubs to guarantee income, but in cases like ours the demand is going to be astronomical anyway. 

Estimate there’s going to be about 30,000 people looking for one next week, maybe more if you include touts. Might have a 1 in 25 or 30 chance of getting one. It’s barely worth thinking about. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

26 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They got taken over in October. If you have applied for a ticket since you're in.

13 hours ago, Hovagod said:

They got taken over in October. If you have applied for a ticket since you're in.

October 2021 not 2019. It doesn’t affect me and like I say we’ve all been through it 100 times but bit baffled by the final criteria of from July 2019 which is post Rafa. I guess it clearly suggests that it’s going to be a very limited release and the vast majority that left with Rafa aren’t being sold.

The fact you qualify for buying an ST when you’ve bought a ST between Bruce being announced as Rafa’s replacement and now  is amusing at best 🙂

As spotted by @Bellis80, there is now a ‘Ballots’ section when you log in to your ticket account.

Whether or not this is related to ST distribution is obviously anybodies guess, but there’s obviously going to be something new next season. Intriguing…

3 hours ago, wormy said:

Fuuuck. Need to make a work call at 10am dead-on on Tuesday.. I know its a slim chance anyway but to not even have a chance is eating at me now. :lol:

Just log in if you can and watch your place in the queue go down whilst in your call. Hopefully you’ll be done by the time you get to the front! 

Tuesday will be horrific. I’d rather they did a ballot!

10 minutes ago, Vedder said:

Just log in if you can and watch your place in the queue go down whilst in your call. Hopefully you’ll be done by the time you get to the front! 

Tuesday will be horrific. I’d rather they did a ballot!

Would like them to let everyone interested from 10am apply. Over say a week.

then mail whoever was successful.

i am logging on with 2 tablets. Wife and my account. Trying to get family row y for my bairn and myself. 

Wont get one for myself without the lad. Couldn’t do that to him.

It does seem that ballots is the route they are going down. Wether that be for the 1k season tickets or for the membership sale. 

If the membership turns in to a name out the hat ballot that would be very disappointing. 

F92B28E7-129A-4FA5-80D9-C0C946610C54.jpeg

Ballots could be for anything to be fair, there was nothing in their announcement that made it seem like it'd be a ballot, just the usual announcement of them going on sale online and to get them from there, if it was a ballot they'd have announced it by now.

Ballot could just be something they're setting up for the future, wembley tickets for example, maybe even some away games might have some tickets in a ballot as we speculated last season, not convinced it's linked to next weeks season tickets sale 

16 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

Ballots could be for anything to be fair, there was nothing in their announcement that made it seem like it'd be a ballot, just the usual announcement of them going on sale online and to get them from there, if it was a ballot they'd have announced it by now.

Ballot could just be something they're setting up for the future, wembley tickets for example, maybe even some away games might have some tickets in a ballot as we speculated last season, not convinced it's linked to next weeks season tickets sale 

I think it’ll be the left over tickets. Membership or general sale. Just my guess. I know other clubs like Man United and Leeds put their membership tickets in a ballot as I have friends from both and they tell me they frequently miss out and it’s very difficult to get to games they can actually make so for me it would be disappointing 

Edited by gdm

10 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

This from googling ballot nufc and finding the trust put this forward to the club. Copy paste. Seems like this may be what ballot button is for.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-supporters-season-ticket-concern-24025190

that website is shocking so here’s the ballot part. Tho doesn’t seem to be the way it’s going 

The Supporters’ Trust has submitted its season tickets proposal to the club. The proposal document, made publicly available, suggests splitting any available season tickets into four pots.

The first pot would be for those who have cancelled season tickets; the second would be for those who have not had a season ticket but have bought other tickets; and the third would be for current season ticket holders. The final pot would go on general sale via a ballot.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

that website is shocking so here’s the ballot part. Tho doesn’t seem to be the way it’s going 

The Supporters’ Trust has submitted its season tickets proposal to the club. The proposal document, made publicly available, suggests splitting any available season tickets into four pots.

The first pot would be for those who have cancelled season tickets; the second would be for those who have not had a season ticket but have bought other tickets; and the third would be for current season ticket holders. The final pot would go on general sale via a ballot.

It seems they've put the first three together and given them access to the 1,000 they're releasing for sale on Tuesday.

It could be that there is another chunk of tickets that they are going to release via a ballot, or they were going to do that but have since changed their mind and not removed the page from the website?

Edited by Keegans Export

8 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

It seems they've put the first three together and given them access to the 1,000 they're releasing for sale on Tuesday.

It could be that there is another chunk of tickets that they are going to release via a ballot, or they were going to do that but have since changed their mind and not removed the page from the website?

They’ve done absolutely nothing like the Trust suggested like :lol: Goes to show the very little clout they actually have.

So it seems if there’s only 1000 new season tickets on sale there’ll be quite a few available match to match but likely for members to buy (not sure exactly what this figure is tho). Maybe season ticket holders might be able to buy 1 ticket but I’d imagine members will be able to buy two. Positively that means more people will be able to go match to match or am I getting my sums mixed up? 

9 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

When it says "If they can see the option to purchase a 2022/23 season ticket, they will be eligible to purchase a season ticket" does it just mean the season ticket tab on the https://book.nufc.co.uk/ menu bar? 

At the top my account it just says home tickets then away tickets then the logged on gold symbol then the menu for further options  🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

So it seems if there’s only 1000 new season tickets on sale there’ll be quite a few available match to match but likely for members to buy (not sure exactly what this figure is tho). Maybe season ticket holders might be able to buy 1 ticket but I’d imagine members will be able to buy two. Positively that means more people will be able to go match to match or am I getting my sums mixed up? 

Seems like it’ll pretty much be the same as last season but with 1000 extra ST’s going to some lucky souls on Tuesday

Keeping as many game by game tickets available as possible seems like a fair solution all round to me - if you don’t get an ST then there’s still a good chance of getting to plenty of games