Season Tickets (2022/23)

mofo

Season Tickets 22/23  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Interested to see who is hoping to get a ticket when they come on sale. I like many gave my ticket up under Fat Mike and I'm hoping to get a new one....

• Got my ticket sorted so not bothered, sit back and watch the chaos!
    • Gave up under Ashley and hoping to get a ticket
    • Not had a ticket previously, hoping to get one

15 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Very true. 

I knew there’d be increased demand after the takeover but never expected this.

Only going to get worse too.

If you don’t have a ST now, the chance of getting one (and also access to away games) is next to none. It’ll be a closed shop for a long time.

Not even sure what the answer is to give as many people opportunity as possible.

23 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Without some way for fans to get onto the loyalty point ladder we'll have the same ~3-5k fans at every single away match.

Not really. I've got 130 odd. I don't do as many as I used to due to having a family etc. Surely they still have to be worth something. Otherwise what is the point in the system?

Edited by jack j

8 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Only going to get worse too.

If you don’t have a ST now, the chance of getting one (and also access to away games) is next to none. It’ll be a closed shop for a long time.

Not even sure what the answer is to give as many people opportunity as possible.

Extending the ground is the only way, but that’s long term and of course may not be possible, but that convo has been done to death. 

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Not really. I've got 130 odd. I don't do as many as I used to due to having a family etc. Surely they still have to be worth something. Otherwise what is the point in the system?

So unless you know a ST holder with a high amount of points personally you'll never be able to go to an away game again. How do younger fans and kids get the experience of following us away from home? We just fucking them off?

Or we could end up like Man City where we end up in every competition til April and it costs a bomb to go to every game, or it goes the other way and we aren't as successful as people want us to be.

55-60k would be more than enough in the long run when the novelty wares off again

1 minute ago, jack j said:

Or we could end up like Man City where we end up in every competition til April and it costs a bomb to go to every game, or it goes the other way and we aren't as successful as people want us to be.

55-60k would be more than enough in the long run when the novelty wares off again

I agree pretty much. I think it might be a bit naive to think that the interest/demand will be this high in perpetuity. Even if it does, most of the top clubs have a waiting list.

Anyway, hopefully whatever that mysterious "ballot" page is for will make sure there's at least a chance for people to get STs and/or away tickets.

A % of away tickets should 100% go into a ballot. Like others have touched on, it’ll become a closed shop, and those with 100s of points will just keep adding points when only going to 1 or 2 a season.
They should never lose them points, but a ballot for a % of aways and building up points via all home games (ST holders should be awarded 5 or something for renewing too) as well as purchasing food/drink in SJP should be a way to build up points. Maybe purchases at club shop too (with a membership/ST).

Wouldn’t be against a small percentage of away tickets being balloted to members as well as ST holders.

Didn’t we used to do a ballet for ST holders for European away games? Could swear I remember filling in paper forms and sending to the Box Office.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Wouldn’t be against a small percentage of away tickets being balloted to members as well as ST holders.

Didn’t we used to do a ballet for ST holders for European away games? Could swear I remember filling in paper forms and sending to the Box Office.

Don't think many were prancing around like Anna Pavlova to go to Hapoel Bnei Sakhnin tbh.

11 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

A % of away tickets should 100% go into a ballot. Like others have touched on, it’ll become a closed shop, and those with 100s of points will just keep adding points when only going to 1 or 2 a season.
They should never lose them points, but a ballot for a % of aways and building up points via all home games (ST holders should be awarded 5 or something for renewing too) as well as purchasing food/drink in SJP should be a way to build up points. Maybe purchases at club shop too (with a membership/ST).

What about the increase in corporate boxes getting away tickets  surely that's more of a piss take then penalising someone who's went over the years and got the points

Anyway as  said in another post above I'd imagine the novelty will ware off soon enough and the opportunity will arise for others to get points

Edited by jack j

Just now, jack j said:

What about the increase in corporate boxes getting away tickets  surely that's more of a piss take then penalising someone who's went over the years and got the points

Don’t want people with points to get penalised at all. They should always get first dibs on tickets.

But why shouldn’t others get the chance to build them up too? The argument that ‘plenty go to 0’ is basically redundant now. Realistically, it’ll take well over a decade to get 50+ points (which will get you fuck all now), and that’s assuming you go to absolutely every game that might go to 0. 

Understand football is mainly for the here and now, but we need to give future generations a fighting chance of having what we had

I've used both sides of the loyalty point system to my advantage in the past. I've helped others by getting them away tickets and myself by gaining a point. Now that all my 182 pts have been wiped when I temporarily chucked it I've been to a few away games with someone elses help. It's a fair system if used correctly because these pts are hard earned. It's a closed shop now but we've all had the chance to build them during leaner times. That said, maybe you have to somehow start proving the person applying for the ticket is actually using the ticket. God knows how you would do that though. You see young kids at really popular away games who obviously haven't built up 100+ pts.

It seems very unfair that the same few people can fill every away end. 

The only way to go is to cheat the system both ways, where you get go and someone who isn't going gets illegal loyalty points. Crap solution. 

Not sure what would be better though, given demand will always be miles higher than supply. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I remember the game at QPR when we had secured promotion weeks earlier and it was a party. Don’t think points dipped under fifty, but the people I was next to were some painfully hip Londoners who clearly had no interest in the game. Inexplicable. Because even going with the theory that people use the points of others, it seems unlikely that these two were PM’ing folk on Newcastle online forum for spares. A mystery. 

What are you supposed to see when you click on the season tickets section of the ticket account? At the moment its just blank on the screen that I look at.

I created an account for a family member who is a long term ST holder, as they should be in the running to get me a ST? But there's nothing on the site that states that they are eligible to apply tomorrow?

16 minutes ago, Wandy said:

What are you supposed to see when you click on the season tickets section of the ticket account? At the moment its just blank on the screen that I look at.

I created an account for a family member who is a long term ST holder, as they should be in the running to get me a ST? But there's nothing on the site that states that they are eligible to apply tomorrow?

Blank screen means ineligible. You’d see the option to buy one otherwise.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

Blank screen means ineligible. You’d see the option to but one otherwise.

How can they be ineligible when they have been a ST holder for nearly 30 years?

1 minute ago, Wandy said:

How can they be ineligible when they have been a ST holder for nearly 30 years?

Those who already have a ST are ineligible to purchase another one tomorrow. 

I rang ticket office earlier. My son cant get one as he is 8 and has not had membership or bought a ticket.

My fault for buying all the tickets in mine and my lasses name.

So I am going to try and get my lass and me a ST and transfer hers into his name. As she is in my purchase list. I will see if I can allocate one to her.

Worth a try. We are both eligible. I have checked.