Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

On 10/04/2023 at 08:38, Jack27 said:

The Athletic reporting we’ve been picked for that USA pre season PL tournament. 

Us, Brighton, Chelsea, Villa, Brentford and Leeds (should they stay up)

Chelsea ?

Edit. That Athletic article is citing Fulham not Leeds.

Edited by madras

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

The tour guide told me (I'm ITK) that we'd have a match in NJ and I just got the email confirming it.  Going.

13 minutes ago, CFlan said:

Fuck it, booking flights and going to the NJ one. 

Well shit, I guess I need to get tickets for this one too.

Open to going to any of them - Friday in NJ seems good to bring the little one. Wednesday night in ATL seems easy as fuck from here too.

(got lodging sorted in Philly and Atlanta, so could be easier / cheaper for me)

Edited by Kanji

2023 Premier League summer tour schedule

Saturday, July 22: Chelsea vs. Brighton & Hove Albion in Philadelphia (7 p.m.)

Sunday, July 23: Fulham vs. Brentford (4 p.m.) and Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa (7 p.m.) in Philadelphia

Wednesday, July 26: Brentford vs. Brighton & Hove Albion (5:30 p.m.) in Atlanta; Fulham vs. Aston Villa in Orlando (7 p.m.); Chelsea vs. Newcastle United (8:15 p.m.) in Atlanta

Friday, July 28: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Newcastle United in Harrison, N.J. (7:30 p.m.)

Sunday, July 30: Aston Villa vs. Brentford (noon) and Chelsea vs. Fulham (2:45 p.m.) in Landover, Md.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

Train to philly is 10 bucks if I book months in advance, apparently? Sounds like organ farming.

Train is a great option. Only minor caveat is you basically pay for the speed of train you want. So like $200 gets you NYC-PHL in 8 minutes where as the $10 train that arrives on July 23rd leaves Penn Station tomorrow.

Looking at the line-up last time we were in the US and it was absolutely tragic. Imagine travelling miles to see Newcastle and Shane Ferguson and Adam Armstrong is playing.

This time the USA folks get to watch Big Joe, Bruno, Isak and Botman.

3 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Looking at the line-up last time we were in the US and it was absolutely tragic. Imagine travelling miles to see Newcastle and Shane Ferguson and Adam Armstrong is playing.

This time the USA folks get to watch Big Joe, Bruno, Isak and Botman.

I was at the training before one of the games. A bunch of players were lining up and signing things but I didn't have the heart to take away my flag when Ferguson came to sign it :lol: