Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

1 hour ago, Mike said:

The tour guide told me (I'm ITK) that we'd have a match in NJ and I just got the email confirming it.  Going.

Hell, you could go to the Philly match too.

A bit to far for me unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Train is a great option. Only minor caveat is you basically pay for the speed of train you want. So like $200 gets you NYC-PHL in 8 minutes where as the $10 train that arrives on July 23rd leaves Penn Station tomorrow.

What's the craic with these 20 dollar bus rides? Am I gonna die?

8 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Looking at the line-up last time we were in the US and it was absolutely tragic. Imagine travelling miles to see Newcastle and Shane Ferguson and Adam Armstrong is playing.

This time the USA folks get to watch Big Joe, Bruno, Isak and Botman.

Big Joe might not be there

14 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Looking at the line-up last time we were in the US and it was absolutely tragic. Imagine travelling miles to see Newcastle and Shane Ferguson and Adam Armstrong is playing.

This time the USA folks get to watch Big Joe, Bruno, Isak and Botman.

I remember driving 10+ hours with my 8-month pregnant wife in 2011 to watch a turgid 0-0 with Sporting KC in 100 degree F weather - she was a real trooper, I give her massive credit. I did get to go to training and pre-match sessions, watching Hatem was very very special indeed. But otherwise, yikes.

Edited by Memphis

28 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Found a cheap hotel on Kensington Avenue in Philly. $8 per night. Going to use it as a base for the week.

Had a brief google of Kensington Ave.

Hmm.

3 minutes ago, brummie said:

Is this part of some concerted Premier League US tour?

We just announced obvs the match with you but also Fulham and Brentford in Orlando and Baltimore.

Yep. PL ‘official’ USA tour (“Summer Series”) - Masters was bleating about it earlier I think. Replaces the old Asian trophy thing that was every other year. For what it’s worth, Man Utd and Arsenal are also in the USA but doing their own thing.