Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

9 hours ago, aa5773 said:

Heard some interesting thing from Newcastle's tour in the states.

Some fans, "original" fans seems to dislike the "new" fans that takeover brought. Saying things like, "You don't even know who is Ashley but say that you're die hard fans" etc. I mean wtf?

I mean, if you really want your club growing, you must ready to accept that new fans. And embrace them with the same warm you embrace fans that are local. You must accept the new reality that your club are not local anymore. Your club now are a global brand with (hopefully) fans around the world, like Disney or McDonald. Fans that never even heard about the city or the region Newcastle before in their life before supporting Newcastle.

Just my two pence.

To be fair, I don't think anyone who is a "new" fan can consider themselves a "die hard" fan. That comes with time. But then your post doesn't give any more context as to what caused the conversations in the first place.

2 minutes ago, patrone said:

I was more bothered about the "take it or leave it "attitude, aye fair enough the tickets shouldn't have been available, hardly my fault.

that is a bit shit from the club, but we're still a tinpot operation where the staff are underpaid and overworked. blame Mike Ashley. it's going to take a while to undo his years of neglect.

48 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

You aren’t. That’s just poor from the club to be honest. 

I didn’t appreciate the tone of their email about my card details for the cup scheme either. Just because others would take the tickets doesn’t mean we are not paying customers, and being told to just cancel is shit service and absolutely poor 

4 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

I didn’t appreciate the tone of their email about my card details for the cup scheme either. Just because others would take the tickets doesn’t mean we are not paying customers, and being told to just cancel is shit service and absolutely poor 

Definitely, I would to echo what @Big Riverwrote earlier, I think it’s quite clear we are still ramping up staff in various departments and I’m sure a lot of the staff are absolutely burnt out, the uptick in demand since the takeover is without a doubt unreal. 

The staff need to exercise patience and understand for sure but we can also try and do our best and cut them some slack. No matter what decision is made regarding ticketing issues someone is going to be unhappy sadly. 

I don't think the box office has even been famed for its courteous staff even long before the takeover, mind, but I find it mad that people are ringing up Janine on extension 12 and expecting her to tell them exactly what the club's policies are supposed to be.

4 minutes ago, thomas said:

Only 32C with 50% humidity. Every journo tweet makes it sound like they're in danger of melting :lol:

Just wait until Friday in NY/NJ -- supposed to be 95F (35C) and will feel like 104F (40C) from the humidity.

Caulkin being out there made me realise how little he actually tweets about us nowadays. Mandy must have him on a tight leash regarding exclusives.