Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Bought a ticket for Sunday while I was on entering the ballot. 4pm is a good KO time when I probably wouldn't be doing much else. And you can get posh seats for the same price. 

Go to Gateshead v Boredom Wood on the Saturday instead. 

I did get charged a £1 booking fee even though I'm a member. 

They must be struggling to sell tickets. I saw a digital advertisement for them yesterday in Hebburn, another on the Tyne Tunnel a few days ago, and they have Miggy on Insta throwing out links to buy your ticket.

I've got tickets for myself and son (Fiorentina fans) for both days. Had issues getting hold of someone over phone in ticket office but eventually sorted. We've been put in Leazes L7 section as away fans which is fine, although I'm thinking there won't be many of us and if your not selling out, we might be isolated up in the rafters! 

Could any of you recommend a good pub/bar nearby where we would be welcome and get lunch? I fancy visiting the Shearer bar too - presume that'd be ok pre-kick off for us if we're in colours? 

1 minute ago, Viola Stuart said:

I've got tickets for myself and son (Fiorentina fans) for both days. Had issues getting hold of someone over phone in ticket office but eventually sorted. We've been put in Leazes L7 section as away fans which is fine, although I'm thinking there won't be many of us and if your not selling out, we might be isolated up in the rafters! 

Could any of you recommend a good pub/bar nearby where we would be welcome and get lunch? I fancy visiting the Shearer bar too - presume that'd be ok pre-kick off for us if we're in colours? 

You'll be fine anywhere in the city centre in your colours, definitely in Shearer's.

11 minutes ago, Viola Stuart said:

Earl of Pitt Street does a belting Sunday dinner and is 5 mins walk from the ground. You’d likely need to book mind. 

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I think they might be, but if they do they'll not announce until very late to maximise ticket sales. Was the same for the Bilbao/Atalanta games last year.

Interestingly the membership includes streaming so maybe it will only be for members too?

14 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Interestingly the membership includes streaming so maybe it will only be for members too?

That will be an interesting one if so as the box office refused to sell me a membership with me having a ST as apparently there was “no point having it”.

Lets see if I can log on 🙂

1 minute ago, Nobody said:

Such a shame about Willock man. Could be a huge negative for him and us that he's missed the entire pre season 

Absolutely will put him on the back foot and he might struggle to get in to the team again, especially if Anderson Carrie’s over his form. 

Doesn't seem to be any info on TV coverage for the weekend. 

I guess they'll leave it to the last minute to announce as people would be less likely to buy those £30 tickets if they knew it was free/tenner to stream.

Edited by David Edgar