Pre-season (2023/24)

bowlingcrofty

Tbh I'm kinda dreading the days when it's all media managed superstars earning mega bucks. I know he's not good enough to win the league with but i love miggy and love this squad they feel human still

Edited by Tiresias

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I do not hate Almiron.  I’ve not insulted the lad. He’s been at the club for what- 4 years? And an Eddie Howe player for 18 months. He’s looked a Bonafide top 6 player for 8 weeks in that period. There was times last season he was fully fit and Jacob Murphy was offering more than him and was ahead of him in the lineup. He’s deserved his opportunity to play in the CL and be a valuable member of the squad no doubt. However there is more than enough evidence to suggest he may not be able to sustain top 6 performances as a regular starter. If he does - great I would love it. 

But there’s no personal vendetta. It’s my own opinion on his ability, potential ability and squad profile. You do not need to tag me whenever he does something positive. It is not a slight to me or invalidates anything I’ve said about him. Tagging me is petty and infantile. I rate you as a poster @Astroblack, you’re better than that. Leave that type of posting to the lads I’ve put on ignore. 

Wasn’t going to tag you every time he did something good. Was just for this one as it’s recent after your comments. Just vindicating my point that last season wasn’t a purple patch and Miggy has become a bonafide Premier League player. 

8 minutes ago, 54 said:

The problem you have, is that you basically state on the regular that the majority of our squad arn't good enough, and not top 6 quality, despite the fact that they got us into the Champions League not 3 months. It grates on people, and people get frustrated, when the players you continually put down have proven they're able to compete at that level at the latest possible evidence.

Especially when you say they're "not top 6 quality", thats a really arbitrary point especially when they've literally just proven that they are or can be over an entire season. 

What players am I putting down? I’ve not advocated selling Almiron or Burn or Murphy (or Wilson or ASM etc.) like others have.  

How else do you want me to describe a solid PL player and squad player that as an individual is not of that level? 

We finished 5th playing Ryan Taylor, Steven Taylor, Mike Williamson & Danny Simpson regularly.  We could all say - yeh these lads aren’t top 6 quality and if we want to stay there we need to improve on them. Harry Kane finished outside the top 6, is he no longer capable of performing at that level? It’s you who is making the arbitrary point. 

The players are not my friends or enemies. I do not personally insult them, I share my opinion on what I perceive to be their football ability. 

14 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Wasn’t going to tag you every time he did something good. Was just for this one as it’s recent after your comments. Just vindicating my point that last season wasn’t a purple patch and Miggy has become a bonafide Premier League player. 

Because he’s scored in a friendly? He might be a bonafide premier league player but are you confident he’s a bonafide top 6 winger? Is this performance  in pre season validating that opinion?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Because he’s scored in a friendly? He might be a bonafide premier league player but are you confident he’s a bonafide top 6 winger? Is this performance  in pre season validating that opinion?

If you won’t accept his actual PL performance it’s unlikely you’ll accept pre season :lol: