Pre-season (2024/25)

bowlingcrofty

Just now, Yorkie said:

Think there's a good chance this will be the midfield three against Forest. I think he really likes Longstaff. 

I really like how Bruno sits deep with Joelinton and Longstaff pressing high when we're not in possession. There's a really good balance with them three in midfield. 

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

Still Pope to bring in behind them to improve further and Dan Burn as back up, best back 5 in my memory. Hope we can get a few good attackers in and we're on for a mint season.

We will. Have faith!

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Think there's a good chance this will be the midfield three against Forest. I think he really likes Longstaff. 

:thup: you know exactly what you're going to get from Longstaff. if we don't sign another CM (looking likely), I think we'll see a lot of him this season.

3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Nice to see Botman and Schar playing. Both great with the ball.

At work so can't watch, pleased to read this, I'm hoping it's our 1st choice pairing. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

He has been energetic today for sure. Still think shelvey starts ahead of him.

Botman looks solid. He must feel at home though with an attack in front of him that seems like they have never played together before.

Like the possession and press so far but while its only preseason and you cant judge, im going to and say it's clear to see the need for upgrades on the wings/upfront.