Pre-season (2024/25): Newcastle United 1-0 Stade Brestois 29 (10/8/24 @ 4pm)

bowlingcrofty

2 hours ago, Sibierski said:

May be remembering things wrong, but is Isak a bit average at pens? For someone who's normally ice cool, he seems to miss more than he should.

My memory says he's missed one pen for us, against Burnley? And that every pen he's put away has been close to impossible for the keeper to save in ice cold fashion.

Didn't Pope say that his shots are really powerful aswell?

Tonight was a great reminder, in the middle of a transfer window where everyone clamours for new shiny players, that this current group are fucking talented. Some absolutely beautiful football played at times tonight.

Priority for me is to get the Guehi deal done and then IF a RW can be found that would improve us, do it, but if not Miggy, Murphy and Gordon who can also play there seems not the end of the world.

46 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Tonight was a great reminder, in the middle of a transfer window where everyone clamours for new shiny players, that this current group are fucking talented. Some absolutely beautiful football played at times tonight.

Priority for me is to get the Guehi deal done and then IF a RW can be found that would improve us, do it, but if not Miggy, Murphy and Gordon who can also play there seems not the end of the world.

can you try peeping through gordon's spare bedroom wndow to see if guehi is stopping there?

Canny evening out. There was an African dad with his son who was sat behind me, with a lust for life, the game, and worrying about us only being 3-0 after missing a pen, who was so infectious it actually felt like a real game. What a bloke. 

8 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Highlights up on website. Who the  fuck have they wheeled in to do the commentary? Patter stinks. 

Best comment was about Pope 'losing his place'. Didn't seem to know he was injured.

Edited by Cclay

Had a lovely day, went with mate and his 3 kids two of whom were coming to teh game the other one staying with his grandparent (other coming to game). It was the middle kids first time at St James though not sure he will be a regular he's way less football mad than his older brother. He did indeed complain of being bored, but also got laughs from people around us demanding someone press right shoulder button to get the players to sprint hah. 

I havent been back for a while and walking into stadium felt a little emotional. 

It was also nice from a personal perspective to attend with my gay pride pin visible and not have any bother. Hardly the hugest deal but with rise of far right and worries about thugs in game think it important to be visible, even if via small pin lol.

38 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

It was also nice from a personal perspective to attend with my gay pride pin visible and not have any bother. Hardly the hugest deal but with rise of far right and worries about thugs in game think it important to be visible, even if via small pin lol.

:aww: class.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Apologies if it’s been covered already, but how close was that to Girona’s starting 11? 

As others have said, that was pretty strong for them, but as they’ve had their best two players from last season poached, very unlikely they’ll be up near the CL places again.